Garden State chapter IDYSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden State chapter IDYSD

The GSC will meet at the Red Lion diner on Rt.70 in Red Lion N.J. at 10am, We will cruise to the Valenzano Winery for a wine tasting and light lunch , Which is located on Rt.206 in Shamong N.J.

We went to a winery, Valenzano Winery in Shamong N.J. , A very nice place and the wine is good. But the disappointing part of this was the turn out of Studebakers, It was a beautiful day so the heat wasn't a factor , 62 people have read my post on the tour and only 3 cars showed up. 52 people got our e-mailed newsletter and only 3 cars showed up. We let the winery know they may have up to 10 cars and 3 cars showed up! They were a little disappointed that only 3 cars showed up but they were very nice and gave us a private tasting even though only 3 cars showed up. Over the past couple of weeks we have gotten several inquires about our annual car show here in Beachwood, well we are not having a show this year, The GSC spent a lot of money last year to try and entice cars and owners with free t-shirts and drinks and hot dogs. The fact that our show flyer never made it in Turning wheels may have been a factor in the low turn out and to this day I have not found out why that didn't happen? We only had 17 cars at our show and 3 were ours. There is that 3 car factor again, Just venting! Ed- Vice president GSC P.S. Even though only 3 cars showed up .The 5 people in them had a nice time

Comment

Sorry to hear about the low turnout. Sounds like y'all gave it a good try though. I am sort of a lone wolf when it comes to Stude events, but overall SDC numbers are dwindling, and folks are getting older. Perhaps worst of all, its becoming increasingly difficult to find competent mechanics to work on Studes. When I get too old to work on my own, that will be the time to stop driving them. But I am still hanging in there, spent about nine hours in the garage yesterday, and hope to spend another six or so today. I am in the middle of a total brake job on a GT, and thank goodness for Tylenol. LOL

Maybe just become a lone wolf, and drive yours when you can, and leave the headaches of organizing events alone for awhile?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2887.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	1716311We had a great time with Ed, Laura and Andy at the winery. Beautiful day for IDYSD in New Jersey.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2885.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	1716310

Comment

Yes, but what a lovely representation of early 50's to mid 60's.
          Bill

Comment

Working...
          X