Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch / Torque Converter: Replacing Clutch

Howdy everyone,

So I'm doing a complete overhaul on my 61 Lark with the OHV 6 and 3 speed manual OD. The clutch is completely toast and I need to replace it. I'm having problems finding a place that sells the kit for it. Any ideas where to look?

Thanks!
    Ryan

Studebakervendors.com
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Forget any "KITS", this is not a small block Chevy!

Buy the Pressure Plate, Clutch Disc and Throwout Bearing separately from a Studebaker Vendor and get the RIGHT Parts.
      If you are near Seattle there is a Clutch and Brake Rebuilder there to have your Plate & Disc. rebuilt.

This is not something you go to a Parts Store to buy if you want the RIGHT Parts and made in USA Quality.

StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Knowing your location in Washington would be helpful.
        If southwestern Washington then you are near Portland, OR.

Comment

Near Seattle

Comment

Yeah I want this done right. It does suck that parts aren't easy to get like my 65 Ranchero but it's kinda fun.... and expensive. This car is coming back from the grave but I want to do it right. Thanks for the website

Comment

I think that Friction Services in Seattle is still rebuilding clutch sets, just Google clutch rebuilders, Seattle, that should do it. You will have to bring them your old parts to rebuild. Lou Cote

Comment

If you have them rebuild your original, make sure they don't put heavy duty springs in the pressure plate. In an effort to reduce the number of items in stock, it seems like rebuilders use the strongest springs possible. A little Champion six does not need super strong springs, nor does your left leg or the ancient clutch linkage components.
                Last edited by RadioRoy; 09-03-2017, 05:33 PM.
                RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                X