New Reproduction Glass Now Available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Reproduction Glass Now Available!

I've had a lot of requests over the last several years for 1963-64 car windshields (not convertible or wagon) and for 1947-51 business coupe back windows. Happy news: The reproductions have finally arrived and are ready to ship.

Windshields are available in clear, green and green with shade, the business coupe backs are available in clear, green and grey and they are tempered.

Hope to help some of you to get your car back together and a smile on your face with this news.

By the way, the prices are very reasonable.

Russ Jenks
    Studebaker Glass & Rubber
    Last edited by GTFan; 08-23-2017, 08:11 PM.
    Russ Jenks
    Idaho Falls, ID
    \'62 GT Hawk
    \'64 GT Super Hawk
    \'60 Champ (2)

RE: Windshield glass available for 63 - 66 sedans

Excellent Russ! I will be needing a new windshield for my '66 sedan in due course, so this is great news. Thanks for taking this on.
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Originally posted by GTFan View Post
      I've had a lot of requests over the last several years for 1963-64 car windshields (not convertible or wagon)/Cut/

The '63 Windshields fit all 1963's and also fit '64-'66 Wagons and Convertibles.

The '64 Windshields fit only '64 to '66 Sedans/Hardtops.

So if it is ONE Size/Part # Windshield, which is it?
      It can't be '63 & '64 unless it IS the Convertible/Wagon one.

I will be needing some '64 Sedan/Hardtop Windshields, very glad to hear you have "something" late model whichever they are!
      Last edited by StudeRich; 08-23-2017, 06:06 PM. Reason: Added "Canadian" Cars
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        The '64 Windshields fit only '64 Sedans/Hardtops.
        Rich, wouldn't they also fit the '65-'66 sedans (2 and 4 door)?
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Yes, I did forget the last half, but those are "JUST" Canadian Cars!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Ding, ding.....and in this corner we have .........................
            Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Yes, I did forget the last half, but those are "JUST" Canadian Cars!
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Good news for sure. Years ago when I inquired I believe none of the Studebaker sites listed the '64-66 sedan windshield. Someone recommended Phillips Glass. When I called the woman said they had, "ONE." When I asked if they were going to every get more her reply was, "Not likely." Thus every time I'd see a new '64-'66 sedan project pop up and the pictures showed a cracked windshield my heart would ache for the guy.

Disclosure, CASO content below:

Not for the fainted hearted..., but when I needed a '64 sedan (CANADIAN BUILT, BTW) windshield Bob Peterson had a few used '63/64 Convertible/Wagon windshields. Initially he thought they were '64 sedan but found out different when he tested them on his own car. He had a worker cut off the upper corners that he described as about 1" wide by 1/2" high. I think he just used an angle grinder and did six corners on three windshields. So, the '63/64 Convertible/Wagon windshields have been successfully altered to fit '64-66 sedans. I wouldn't recommend it on new glass but if you have some 'close, but not close enough' glass you can choose to take the risk. The glass I got did have course edges when my son delivered them but simple sand paper removed that and all was well.

I'd think in a pinch you could use a '64-'66 sedan windshield in a convertible or wagon you would just have to creatively fill in the upper corner with some rubber filler. Not ideal, but better than not using the car for lack of clean glass.
              Last edited by wittsend; 08-24-2017, 11:01 AM.
              '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Originally Posted by StudeRich Yes, I did forget the last half, but those are "JUST" Canadian Cars!

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
                Ding, ding.....and in this corner we have .........................
                Nah... I'm not too worried, I have seen Rich driving around in a '66 (CANADIAN built of course!) Cruiser. He obviously knows a high quality Studebaker when he sees one, I know he would not drive anything less...
                Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander

Comment

Do you have the rubber for the 4 windows on a 1951 Commander Starlight coupe?

Comment

At work today, but will check on those and get back to you.
                    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

I've got a GT rear side window glass (bad frame) someone can have for free.....
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

Do you carry windshields for '59-'62 Larks and Champs?
                        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by ronta View Post
                          Do you have the rubber for the 4 windows on a 1951 Commander Starlight coupe?
                          The starlight coupe rear four piece glass set is the same from 47-52 and Champion to Commander. Even before the "Starlight coupe" name was adopted, the glass and rubber was/is still the same.
                          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Hello, I'm looking for a source that has the rear windsheild glass for a 1958 Studebaker President Starlight hardtop? Any Ideas?

Ernie Baily ernestbaily@att.net

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie Baily View Post
                              Hello, I'm looking for a source that has the rear windsheild glass for a 1958 Studebaker President Starlight hardtop? Any Ideas?

Ernie Baily ernestbaily@att.net
                              You may not like the answer, but these are very hard to find. Find a 1958 Studebaker or Packard hardtop that is not worth much or is being parted out and buy the window or the entire car to get the window.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X