Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The schedule of events and registration will be published in the February or March issue of Turning Wheels and on the meet web page sometime in January. I am looking forward to the caravan of Studebakers from the East.

Comment

Posting will soon be up. Your patience is appreciated during the holiday season.

Comment

I don't see a link to register.
        1936 Dictator
        1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
        1953 Commander Regal HT
        1953 2R5 Pickup
        1947 M16 Truck
        1960 Lark VIII Convertible
        1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
        1962 Champ 7E5 no box
        1962 GT Hawk
        1963 Lark VI 4 dr
        1963 GT Hawk R2
        1964 Daytona Convertible
        1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Originally posted by studeski View Post
          I don't see a link to register.
          There still isn't one. And nothing in Feb TW.

Comment

To All,

Expect to see the website up shortly, and details, registration form, narrative, vendor registration form, camping information should be the March Turning Wheels. I'm sorry for the wait, but so many things are part of running a meet and creating a website, that it HAS TO BE RIGHT before we'll put it up.

Please register for the meet before April 30, 2018 to take advantage of the reduced Registration Fee of $35 ($45/May 1). You're going to this historic meet, anyway, aren't you? Register early and do it now!

Comment

Hi All,
              Newbie here from Canada and while waiting for additional info I am hoping you experienced SDC members can answer a couple questions which will help my planning. I have a mint 1916 Studebaker SF Four roadster which I would like to,either drive or trailer down from British Columbia to Tacoma. But I am concerned about leaving it unattended anywhere as it cannot be locked and obviously removable memorabilia 100 years old is impossible to find.

Are vehicles typically left overnight at the international venue like Lemay Field or does everyone drive back to the various motels? Is there any security for vehicles either overnight at the venue or at the hotel parking lots? If I dragged my trailer down is there typically a place to store the vehicles in trailers overnight? I would Love to drive it down on it’s wooden spoke wheels even at its cruising speed of 25 mph...but if I need to store the car inside somewhere anyway then the trailer also affords me gas, parts, air, etc.

thanks for any suggestions...I am a new owner and still learning the ins and outs of the vehicle and 6 volt ignitions!!!!!

Rick

Comment

Well, my best suggestion is for you to trailer, at 25 mph. you would be mowed down on I 5. There will be a trailer parking area below the Le Mays Americas Car Museum. Google an overhead view of Lemays ACM and you can see the hotels around it. The Best Western has covered parking that may fill the bill. Lou Cote

Comment

16 studie - Or anyone else coming from the North or points in between..

There will be quite a bunch of 'slow' cars and trucks coming out of BC and NW Washington. Most of the ones I know of will be doing upwards of 45 MPH which is the slowest legal speed you can do on the highways in WA state.

I would encourage you to get in touch with the ASC club in BC or Whatcom County to arrange a group caravan taking HWY 9 and using only small portions of the freeway to connect over to HWY 99 or something similar. We have one in our group that only goes 45 or so and are planning 'alternate routes' out of Ferndale to Tacoma. We have a 'lead car' and a 'follow car' It is the safest way, 6 in a bunch or less is also the law. We are 16 miles from BC on I 5 . Keep in touch and watch for another thread covering this topic.

As for parking it at night, you may get special treatment so it does not sit out, plus there are usually people watching out at all hours. Being in Tacoma, there are cameras in all of the hotel lots and garages.

Comment

Guys, many thanks for the helpful suggestions. I live near Victoria,BC on the island, so may just catch the blackball ferry out of Victoria and then come through Port Angeles to Hwy 101, Highway three, Highway 16 into Tacoma. It’s only 100 miles this way....on hopefully a quieter route regardless of whether I throw caution to the wind and drive or trailer. Probably safest to trailer a 100-year-old vehicle, however driving it as you all know has a certain appeal.

Mr. President....thanks for the tip and info re speaking with the BC chapter....will do.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
                      Is there a schedule of events anywhere?? If so, where???
                      Jeffrey, you can now find information on the meet at www.sdcmeet.com

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
                        I'm also planning to drive our almost finished 59 wagon.
                        Plans have changed. Not going to make it, but the wagon is done.

Comment

Working...
                        X