No announcement yet.

Studebaker Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am kicking this to the top once again to let all of you guys & girls know I have gotten this list updated with all your submissions. Thanks for all the e-mails and submissions here.

Randy_G
    1959 Lark (project)
    This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

• Hi Randy
      Three Studebakeer dealers in Vancouver British Columbia:
      White Spot Motors - the last Stude dealer in Vancouver operating until 1978 - now Morrey Nissan
      JM Brown Limited
      Consolidated Motors - initially Packard dealer - took on Stude when SP Corp formed
      Stude dealer in Victoria BC:
      Jamieson Motors - my 27 Dictator still has the dash mounted dealer tag from this company

Terry Godkin

Comment

• I am adding a name from the forum that poped up, this way I can keep up with it. I assume that besides Packard they sold Studebakers??? Anyone???

Colonial Motors in VA.

Randy_G
        1959 Lark (project)
        Waxahachie, Texas.
        This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

• I was helping my youngest daughter with a school assignment tonight and was looking through the November 2005 edition of Smithsonian magazine. They had an article on the midwestern floods of 1926 - 1927 and a full page picture of Greenville, MS under water. In the middle of the picture is Foster Motor Co., a Studebaker and Nash dealer.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

• Here are two Dealers from Ohio
            Koepke Motor Sales, Lakewood OH (Studebaker & Mercedes dealer)
            60 Lark Regal v8 HT
            Hach Auto Service, Painesville OH (Studebaker dealer)
            62 Lark Daytona v8 ht
            I am not sure about Koepke, but Hach closed in the early 70's
            Butler, PA
            63 Avanti R1 R2899

Comment

• I get a kick out of Statesboro, GA.
              They have an East Main Street, a West Main Street, a North Main Street, and a South Main Street.
              The other day they had an accident at Main Street and Main Street.
              Locked up the whole town
              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Interesting that a location that is east of the Boulevard is considered West End!

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
              Brooklet, Georgia
              '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
              '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
              '61 Hawk (project)
              http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• quote:Originally posted by Guido

Interesting that a location that is east of the Boulevard is considered West End!
                What Gary is refering to is "The" Boulevard in Richmond. It use to be on the west side of town but now is in the center. Richmond likes generic names, like "The" Boulevard, which used to be the "motor mile". On the Boulevard is Richmond's baseball diamond which is called "The Diamond". The Boulevard runs into Broad Street which later becomes Broad Street Road.

Randy, you already have Coggins Motor Co. in Charlottesville, VA listed, but here is a photo. The building has now been demolished.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

• About 12 years ago Louis De Angelis, owner of De Angelis Studebaker in Verona, NJ gave me a copy of "Studebaker News" dated June 1963. It's a publication sent to dealers and employess only. I took the names from the captions below the pictures of all the various awards and plaques mentiones n the newsletter. I went through it and took every dealer mentioned that I didn't see on your list. Here goes...

De Angelis Studebaker Verona, NJ
                  Philip Motors, 477 Pine St South Amboy, NJ ( here my Avanti was originally delivered).
                  AFL Motors, Milwaukee WI
                  Taconite Motors, Virginia, Minn
                  Kramer Garage, Wausau, WI
                  Ruud Motors, Albert Lea, Minn
                  Selland Motors & Co, Fargo ND
                  William A Henderson Inc, Philipsburg, NJ
                  Knoblock Bros, South River, NJ
                  Rock Road Auto Sales, St Louis, MO
                  O'Donnel Mackie LTD, Toronto, Ontario
                  Hebbville Garage, Hebbville, MD
                  Pool Motors, Coeur D'Alene, Idaho
                  Oritani Motors, Hackensack, NJ
                  Angelo's Auto Sales, Chicago,IL
                  H E Clemons, Oswego, NY
                  TRI-City Motors, Talmadge, OH
                  Lanham Auto Sales, Massillon, OH
                  Smith Motor Sales, Port Clinton, OH
                  Studebaker Sales and Service, Ashland, OH
                  Roy J Keller INC, Idaho Falls, OH
                  Anderson Motors, Huron, SD
                  Karri Garage, Superior, Wisc
                  Lloyds Motor Sales, Evansville, IN
                  Nile E Faust Motor Co, Concord, NH
                  Bryl S Kline, Reading, PA
                  P.R. Henderson, Easton, PA

Ernie R

R2 R5388

Comment

• Leonard,

That picture of Coggins Motors was taken across Preston Avenue in the side yard of the old Lane High School (now the Albemarle County Office Building). Farther down the hill to the left was the former home of Settle Tire. Behind the dealership was an area known as Vinegar Hill. Don't let the stately old houses on 4th street fool you, the area behind Coggins was little more than a slum that was razed in the early '60's.

I attended 6th grade on 4th Street just behind Coggins and used to sneak over and get decals from the showroom when they were a Triumph dealer.

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Comment

• WOW three pages and over one hundred names I really appreciate all the hard work you guys have gone to to come up with some of these. Just to update this thread once more. I have recorded all the names from this thread and from my e-mail. I'm caught up on this part of the never ending project. Thanks to all that have submited names and to everyone that has gotten some pleasure out of what I am doing here and sent thanks via e-mail just send cash [)] THanks for visiting my site. Now send in more names and photos of old dealerships.

Randy_G
                      South Bend or Bust 2007!

Comment

• Randy,

One easy way that I have found is just to peruse e-Bay ads. It is amazing how many times that a dealer's name will be mentioned in conjunction with Studebaker items. I am just too busy to write them all down. In case I failed to do so, add E.J. Wilson and Son in Torrington, Ct. which is where my '49 fire truck was delivered.

Gary

Comment

• Most Canadians will know this name and maybe some Americans along the border.
                          Tim Horton was a NHL hockey player back in the '60s and started a donut coffee shop in Hamilton which has become a huge success here in Canada and has filtered down into the states some. Tim was killed in a car accident in the early '70s .
                          I wonder if Studebaker didn't go out of business if he would have ever started his coffee empire??

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
                          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

• I just went to see a friend who lives in Floyd County, Virginia, just south of Roanoke and we rode by Reeds garage. Reeds Garage used to be the Studebaker dealer in Bent Mountain, Virginia.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

• I'll try this one again. I don't know where the first try went.
                              Out of my 1956 Rutledge High School Annual.
                              Nichols Motors
                              421 West Main Street
                              Morristown, Tennessee
                              Studebaker Cars and Trucks
                              I don't know anything else about the dealer,except they did exist.

James K. Clark
                              Rutledge Tenn.
                              '55 Prez.2dr Hdtp.
                              Don't take yourself too seriously!

James K. Clark

Comment

• As far as I remember there was a Studebaker Dealership on East main in Klamath Falls, Oregon. It was called Wally Spires Studebaker. Later it became a Suburu Dealer before becomming abandoned. I will have an adress at a later time if this helps. I noticed that there wasn't many dealership entries from oregon, so here is another one

Also, I was told that my 61' Lark originally came from a Helton Motors in Auburn, California. I still have the dealer plates. I wrote to the historian there and she had this to say:

I got your request from Bruce at the Auburn Chamber of Commerce and as luck would have it, I found some information from a 1964 phone book.

Studebaker had a dealership in Auburn, Helton Motors at 700 High Street, Avanti, Lark, Cruiser, Hawk and Champ Trucks.

I believe the building is on the corner of Lincoln Way and Harrison Streets. The current owner is Norris Electric at 700 Lincoln Way, and the phone is 530-823-0498. I know he has quite a few old pictures of the building, framed and hanging on the walls.

Perhaps this well help you find a photo. I have seen one, but it is not in the City of Auburn Historian Collection.

Please feel free to contact me if you need more assistance.

Loreley Hodkin

Auburn City Historian

Hope this helps and good luck!

1947 Studebaker M-5
                                1946 Studebaker M-5
                                1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
                                1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
                                1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                                X