No announcement yet.

Studebaker Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ran across this Studebaker site and wondered if anyone could help me. I'm trying to track down information on the Phil Stambaugh Inc. Studebaker dealership that was at one time in Los Angeles on S. Atlantic Blvd.

I'm actually trying to locate someone who can tell me about Jack A. Mauck, who was probably a salesman.

Any help you can offer will be very appreciated! Thanks.

Rick

Comment

• KKNOWN KENTUCKY DEALERS

GRAY & KIDD MOTORS:LORAINE STREET:PIKEVILLE, KENTUCKY
      BIG SANDY MOTORS:COLLEGE STREET:PIKEVILLE, KENTUCKY
      HART MOTOR COMPANY:FIRST STREET:HARLAN, KENTUCKY

HAYWARD/60 LARK
      PIKEVILLE,KY.
      US COAL CAPITAL

Comment

• Watt & Dorsey Motors, Ogden Avenue,Downers Grove IL (listed on the build sheet for my 62 Hawk)

55 Commander
        58 Transtar
        62 GT Hawk
        66 Cruiser

Comment

• I just bought a 1963 Wagonaire project, from a guy in Grants Pass Oregon, and the license frames have the Studebaker insignia in the corners and they say G.A. Baker Palo Alta, Ca.

1963 Cruiser, 1963 Wagonaire, 1952 Champion. Based in Oregon.

Comment

• GRAY & KIDD MOTORS
            PIKEVILLE, KY

Comment

• Regarding an earlier post.

Yes, it was on Cleveland St (south side). The dealership was between Greenwood and Myrtle. When the Studebakers moved on Dimmit Chevrolet had their used cars on that spot for a while. Across Cleveland was a Ford dealership ( corner of Myrtle and Cleveland). Last name I remember for it was Kennedy-Strickland Ford. I haven't been in Clearwater for a year, but I remember most of the 2 blocks along Cleveland being "redeveloped".

I am pretty sure the name was Fellows as in the Tampa store.

I just found on the web, the Studebaker Building on 4th St South in St. Petersburg. It may now be leased by a government agency. According to the blurb, it was called Peninsular Motors in the 20s.

We will be in the area For December, any thing Stude happening then?

Mike

got my '59 Lark

Comment

• In Lexington ky the Studebaker, Mercedes dealer was Rust motors

Comment

• quote:Originally posted by poppopstude

In Lexington ky the Studebaker, Mercedes dealer was Rust motors
                  A Studebaker dealer named "Rust Motors"? That's just too perfect! []

Comment

• Man, I thought the same thing! Rust Motors!

Bill Pressler
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

• i have noticed that lots of dealers have been sent in as requested but none have been added to list of dealers

HAYWARD/60 LARK
                      PIKEVILLE,KY.
                      US COAL CAPITAL

Comment

• Just found this whilst Googling:

Identified as Center Line Motor Sales, Center Line, Michigan, corner of Van Dyke and Qualmann. Love those bulletnoses!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                        '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

• Clark, I believe that the building is now the main showroom for Rinke Chevrolet. There is no longer a Qualmann Ave. in Centerline. I'll check it out in November when I head home for Thanksgiving.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

• quote:Originally posted by hayward

i have noticed that lots of dealers have been sent in as requested but none have been added to list of dealers

HAYWARD/60 LARK
                            PIKEVILLE,KY.
                            US COAL CAPITAL
                            Just wanted to let everyone know I've not abandoned the listing I'm working on it I have not updated the site but the list is being updated. Hang in there update coming soon!

Randy_G
                            1959 Lark Sedan
                            This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

• Surprising that I do not see any trucks among the bulletnoses.

Comment

• Erickson Studebaker, a long time dealer in Bloomer Wisconsin. In business from 39 to the end and serviced cars long after. Before Studebaker was a Oakland Pontiac dealer and after sold Chrysler products. According to the son who bought his Dad out, they often outsold Ford and Chev. Note the Tydol truck delivering gas. One of the trucks sold by that dealer.

Comment

Working...
                                X