Annoying customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
    If you really want to see Annoying "customers" teach school for 31 years. (and I am not speaking of the kids).
    I think being a LEO might trump that... they make you raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth and enforce the law, then bitch when you do.

But, I'd do it all over again, and wouldn't trade with ya.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
      I think being a LEO might trump that... they make you raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth and enforce the law, then bitch when you do.

But, I'd do it all over again, and wouldn't trade with ya.
      Thanks for your service Dave!
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
        I think being a LEO might trump that... they make you raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth and enforce the law, then bitch when you do. But, I'd do it all over again, and wouldn't trade with ya.
        agree. not to mention frivolous lawsuits. i only had one against me around 1979. it went on "forever" with continued court dates. the judge threw out the case within an hour after hearing opening statements.

i also understand Joe's predicament. i taught a couple semesters of report writing at the local community college back in the day. never got much grief from anyone, but i recall going to a parent - teacher conference when my daughter was in elementary school. the couple rose their voices enough where we could hear it in the hall. we were next and the young teacher was still wiping away tears...
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

13 and 18 --- One of our daughters has been a school teacher for 12 years, the last 6 teaching inmates in a medium-security federal prison. She points out the advantages --- no parent-teacher meetings; can't take work home as nothing identifying an inmate can leave the prison; and any student who is suspended stays out of the classroom for a very long time. Most of the students realize it is a privilege to be in the school, and for many will be the key to staying out of trouble in the future.

Anyone in authority is likely to have some nasty clients. When our son was playing hockey in Grade 12, we were at a game where the parents and grandmother of one opposing player were constantly berating the referee. Finally, the entire opposing team, including their son/grandson, skated in front of the parents and grandmother and loudly told them to "Shut Up!"
          Bill Jarvis

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
            Thanks for your service Dave!
            Thank you!
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

I hear ya', Dave. I do not think I could put up with stuff law enforcement officers have to deal with. My hat goes off to you and Kerry for your service. As far as teaching goes, I would do it again if it was 1971 again, but not now, unfortunately.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Worse one I have seen was at a local Chicken Resturant. A couple ordered a meal then complained the chicken was cold and there were not enough French Fries. when the owner offered them their money back, The female customer attacted her physically! When her 15 year old daughter ran to her aid, the LARGE male customer punched the girl in the face knocking her down.

The customers are both awaiting trial..

BTW, I have been buying Chicken there for 40 years, and have NEVER gotten cold Chicken.
                Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                X