Richard Griggs passing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Griggs passing

Just heard some terrible news that Richard Griggs has passed away .
    many people here would know Richard he was a long time member and vended for years at many swap meets . RIP Richard
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Sorry to hear that Bob, was Richard a Canadian?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Sorry to hear that Bob, was Richard a Canadian?
      Yes he was.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Richard was a true down to earth Gentleman , He will be missed ! Ed and Laura

Comment

Richard was a good friend. He and I sat up by each other at many swap meets so we could visit and help watch each other's space when needed. He was a good guy and will be missed by all that knew him.
          I last got to see him in Dunkirk NY in May for an annual general automotive swap meet they have there. He sat and we visited for quite a while.
          Attached Files
          Steve Grant
          madd_doodler@yahoo.com
          a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
          www.madddoodler.com
          Kinzua Region Chapter
          1881 Grain Wagon
          Late 1800s Spindle Seat Buggy
          1955 Conestoga
          1959 Lark 2 dr sdn

Comment

You are correct about Richard. One time, Richard was catching a ride to one of the swap meets in the U.S. He asked if he could leave his car in our driveway. Now, we always joke about Studebakers leaking oil. So, Roly told Richard he could leave his car in driveway but if it was a car that leaked oil, he better put something under it to catch the oil. We got home ahead of Richard and there was his everyday car with a huge piece of cardboard underneath it in our driveway. We cracked up when we saw it. Richard was a gentleman, who was considerate to all he met and indeed, he will be missed.

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
            studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Sorry to hear the news of Richard passing. We missed seeing him in the past few years, and were looking forward to catching up with him in Dunkirk.
              Great Guy, may he Rest In Peace, our deepest sympathy to his Family.
              Jim & Judy
              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Sad news indeed.

I first met Richard when I was living in Toronto in the early 1990's. He was a dedicated Studebaker man and always came up for a chat at the many Stude meets I attended during my stay.

In later years he was always great to meet at club meets when I was over visiting the US to catch up whilst he was vending.
                Richard never struck me as being that old, and I last caught up with him and a few of the other Canadians at the SB meet.

My condolences to Cecylia and their daughter.

Greg
                Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Richard was a long time Studebaker guy.I have known hin for 40 years & We will all miss him very much

Comment

Working...
                  X