Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Currently at the Hackenberger auction

Quote Originally Posted by SScopelli View Post
    How True..

I'm counting the days for the new owner to become a new member looking for those parts.
    OR, you might find it on Ebay or Craigslist, etc., like the blue Lark convertible in this auction did: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=college

(Not to say he's going to flip it, but it is a possibility.)

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 07-17-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Missed this one, might have gone all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    What an amazing collection. So far my favorite so far are 55 president that is spectacular, super straight and solid lark convertible, and tan Packard Hawk is amazing! Incredible original leather, very clean and complete, even a roll of mylar in the trunk. Wish I could post pictures here, but I'll put them on Facebook.
    I got to this one too late, was focusing on the 55 President #306R, but missed #154R earlier, a 58 Hdt, a much rarer bird, very desirable and appeared in very good condition. Went for $9,000, and I would probably have been in a bidding war, which I have done when live at auctions, and always lost out to someone who would have bought the item at ANY cost. Oh well, the car was too nice to modify, although I have always wondered if one could place a '57 front clip on this '58 model. Wouldn't be too hard, and there were lots of '57's at this auction at reasonable prices. I guess I saved myself a lot of money and a lot of time on a project I may not be able to live long enough to complete.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jack, in Montana

Champion Member
    luckily I joined months ago (or I would be in that boat today - hahaha)

President Member
    58 modified.....Dennis Mills in Arizona built a 58 hard top using a '53 front end and '56 rear fenders.....I had just joined the club the first time I saw it & was really really confused...he did a great job on it.
    Mike Sal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jnfweber View Post
    I got to this one too late, was focusing on the 55 President #306R, but missed #154R earlier, a 58 Hdt, a much rarer bird, very desirable and appeared in very good condition. Went for $9,000, and I would probably have been in a bidding war, which I have done when live at auctions, and always lost out to someone who would have bought the item at ANY cost. Oh well, the car was too nice to modify, although I have always wondered if one could place a '57 front clip on this '58 model. Wouldn't be too hard, and there were lots of '57's at this auction at reasonable prices. I guess I saved myself a lot of money and a lot of time on a project I may not be able to live long enough to complete.
    Always thought that a '57 Clipper front clip (nose) would be 'just the thing' to greatly improve the looks of a '58 Packard hardtop!

Silver Hawk Member studeclunker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SN-60 View Post
    Always thought that a '57 Clipper front clip (nose) would be 'just the thing' to greatly improve the looks of a '58 Packard hardtop!

I quite agree. Actually, almost anything is an improvement on the '58 front clip...
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sal View Post
    58 modified.....Dennis Mills in Arizona built a 58 hard top using a '53 front end and '56 rear fenders.....I had just joined the club the first time I saw it & was really really confused...he did a great job on it.
    Mike Sal
    One good thing about Studebaker's, is their ability to mix and match. And the fumy thing is, it generally looks better that way.

Any idea what year the La Palma Car Show Picture is from Sebastian? I recognize Doug Huge's '63 Lark but from that ANGLE without seeing much of the Rear of the roof and rear glass, few would notice that it is actually a '63 with a 250 c.i.d. Six Cylinder Engine (yes 250!) and a '66 front clip.

The guy next to it, looks a LOT like ME!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Speedster Member
    A slideshow of random photos of the auction is at this link. Enjoy. Bill
    http://s190.photobucket.com/user/cla...rger%20Auction

President Member
    Thanks for the post-Lots of neat old iron.