Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Searcy, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Gene Searcy, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
    Gene passed away on May 30, 2017 at the age of 79 years old. Gene was a long-time Studebaker owner, driver and advocate. His father was a Studebaker owner, and his first Studebaker, a 1952 Champion, began a long series of Studebaker Cars & Trucks owned by Gene over his lifetime. Gene was very active in the Studebaker Drivers Club and the Antique Studebaker Club, serving time on the boards of both clubs. Gene was a founding member of the Saskatchewan Chapter, and was an active member of the chapter. Gene was also an active member of the Saskatoon Antique Auto Club.
    Gene logged hundreds of thousands of miles behind the wheel of a Studebaker. Most who knew him would be familiar with the red Champ pickup that carried him to Studebaker meets and swap meets across North America. Many Studebaker owners in the prairie provinces benefitted from Gene’s generosity of transporting parts back from all over North America to help them complete their restorations. Gene’s ownership of Studebakers included vehicles from 1931 to 1966, and he completed many ground-up restorations of rare and desirable models. Many of his former cars occupy places in prominent collections across North America. Gene loved to drive- whether it was taking his two daughters to Texas for the National meet in 1975 in his 56 Golden Hawk, or in his Champ doing research for his career as a Professor of Veterinary Pathology, Gene loved being behind the wheel.
    He will be missed by his family, friends and fellow car lovers.

Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

My Gene Rest in Peace. I remember of him from the seventies while I lived in greater Vancouver and I believe he had an Avanti. Thanks for posting both the notice and the great pics.
    Bill

Comment

Working...
    X