Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny James

I'm quite late in posting this.

Kenny was a long-time, very active member of the North Star Chapter. He had a field of cars behind his rural Minnesota house. Other members of our chapter can tell more and better stories than I can so maybe a few of them will jump in. I can tell you that even into his 80's, he was laying black strips of rubber with a Studebaker in front of the golf course clubhouse at the end of his street because he didn't like them. He told stories about the surprising performance increase in his '53 Champion when he put the high compression Edmunds head on it. In fact, the first Champion six we raced at Bonneville came from a vehicle in the field behind his house.

North Star Member Luke Tolbert got Kenny's Lark running and made the long drive up the freeway with the procession to the veterans cemetery in Little Falls. Another hint about what kind of guy Kenny was: Upon arriving, Kenny's son-in-law mentioned that was the slowest that Lark had ever gone on that trip.

James, Kenneth Delmer age 94, of Elk River, MN. Passed away on April 21, 2017. WWII Navy Veteran. Owned and operated James Electric Motor Service for over 60 years. Participated in local parades with his classic Studebaker cars. Survived by wife, Beatrice; children, Marcia (Charles), Donald (Mary), Mary (John), Mona (Gary), Douglas (Carol), Monica (Russ); 20 grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren; 5 great-great grandchildren; 3 brothers and 4 sisters

Some excellent pictures here:

Originally posted by BobWaitz View Post
    I'm quite late in posting this.

Kenny was a long-time, very active member of the North Star Chapter. He had a field of cars behind his rural Minnesota house. Other members of our chapter can tell more and better stories than I can so maybe a few of them will jump in. I can tell you that even into his 80's, he was laying black strips of rubber with a Studebaker in front of the golf course clubhouse at the end of his street because he didn't like them. He told stories about the surprising performance increase in his '53 Champion when he put the high compression Edmunds head on it. In fact, the first Champion six we raced at Bonneville came from a vehicle in the field behind his house.

North Star Member Luke Tolbert got Kenny's Lark running and made the long drive up the freeway with the procession to the veterans cemetery in Little Falls. Another hint about what kind of guy Kenny was: Upon arriving, Kenny's son-in-law mentioned that was the slowest that Lark had ever gone on that trip.

James, Kenneth Delmer age 94, of Elk River, MN. Passed away on April 21, 2017. WWII Navy Veteran. Owned and operated James Electric Motor Service for over 60 years. Participated in local parades with his classic Studebaker cars. Survived by wife, Beatrice; children, Marcia (Charles), Donald (Mary), Mary (John), Mona (Gary), Douglas (Carol), Monica (Russ); 20 grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren; 5 great-great grandchildren; 3 brothers and 4 sisters

Some excellent pictures here:
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nam...view=guestbook
    Saw this post after the other one. Thanks again Bob.

Ted

Comment

Working...
    X