No announcement yet.

First Step of the New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say Dan— I just noticed the Packard Hawk you are borrowing appears to have the wrong fins on it. Those appear to be ‘57-‘58 Silver Hawk fins... don’t know if anyone had noticed that yet... but I believe they can be trimmed at the leading end to the right shape (assuming one has a template from a Golden Hawk to use).
    1950 Commander Land Cruiser
    1951 Champion Business Coupe
    1951 Commander Starlight
    1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
    1953 Champion Starlight
    1953 Commander Starliner
    1953 2R5
    1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
    1957 Silver Hawk
    1957 3E5 Pick-Up
    1959 Silver Hawk
    1961 Hawk
    1962 Cruiser 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
    1965 Cruiser
    1970 Avanti

Comment

• Good spot Ken!
      Yeah the old guy I had bought the PH from wrecked out a 57 Silver Hawk and installed the fins from it on the PH. I don't know why!
      No stress on the fins/ correct mouldings, I have a few in stock, they will be put back to original when the restoration starts.
      Say Dan, give it a kick in the guts and see if it goes? Probably bad fuel in the tank though!
      Brian Greenall
      Melbourne, OZ
      sigpic

Comment

• Sure wish I had a shop like that.
        I especially like the 62 Corvair convertible.
        Any chance it's a Spyder?

Comment

• I also noticed the fins but I fancy those more than the "correct" ones...

Comment

• Brian are the fins that are inside the car the correct ones?

TWChamp the Corvair is a Monza according to the emblem I don't see a Spyder emblem anywhere.

I notice two things looking at that picture. The newest vehicle is the 1967 Bronco. This picture shows that I am working on eight (8) projects at one time. I am violating my rule times 6. Malibu is just about done now that I found my top dead center locating tool. The Corvair runs but has a fuel pump leak. New pump on the way. The Packard Hawk is for modeling but I might get it running just for kicks. With no brakes it won't see any roads even our private one. The 55 President is waiting on the media blaster guy to come up and make it pretty. The Bel Air is waiting on parts to install a parking brake system. And my frame is waiting on me to finish the welding and get it in primer. The Power Hawk will get the new intake manifold with adapter plates installed this week. Fun stuff and work but to me it is all play time. Yes, I agree I am so blessed to have a friend like Robin who actually loves having all this action happening. Although three of the cars are his and the Bel Air is his father-in-laws car.
            Dan

Comment

• I just reviewed the post and realized I forgot the car show pictures. Since the Packard Hawk was still on the trailer Saturday morning I decided to share it with our local group of car people. Every Saturday weather permitting people gather in a local parking lot to show and share. You see everything from new cars with paper plates to full on race cars. So I took the Hawk. People loved it or hated it, to each his own and most have never seen one. Glad I took it over there. Was a lite turnout as the garage tour was last weekend so maybe before I take it back down South I will take it out there again.

The truck next ot it in the second photo was selling two engines. The one in the truck bed was a 215 Dodge truck Hemi engine 1952 vintage. The engine in the trailer was a flat head engine. Both had the transmission attached. Like I said you see everything at the Donut Derelicts gatherings.

Comment

• Learning every day, I tought Dodge's first Hemi was the 241 in -53, little did I know!
                There was probably never a Dodge Hemi that early & small imported to Sweden.
                Got to google the horse power now...

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverHawkDan View Post
                  * The one in the truck bed was a 215 Dodge truck Hemi engine 1952 vintage.
                  Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                  Learning every day, I tought Dodge's first Hemi was the 241 in -53, little did I know!
                  There was probably never a Dodge Hemi that early & small imported to Sweden.
                  Got to google the horse power now...
                  I think Dan must have made a typo there? When I googled it, I was able to find references to 51 - 55 241"s and 56 -59 315"s, but nothing regarding any 215.

Mark
                  sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

• Hmmm... no matter how I try I can only find info on Dodge Hemi from -53 & it's the 241 I had as a teen & put in my -62 Valiant.

Comment

• I put a 392 Hemi in a 60 Plymouth Fury 4 door hard top sometime around '65.

Comment

• Mark and Nox,
                        I looked it up to and it would appear I mis heard what the guy said or he doesn't know what he has. I am pretty sure he said 1952 so that would make it to early for a 315. So I guess if someone is interested in knowing more or buying it I can call him. I put the early Chrysler, Dodge and Desoto hemi's in a lot of cars and trucks. Best was a clean 1953 Ford f1 that really hauled but looked stock.
                        Dan

Comment

• Trying to get an idea of how the Packard Hawk will look at Bonneville height. Even with the tires off it still is not as low as we plan to run it. SO I need to figure out another way to set it up so that the desired height can be achieved. Looks pretty cool though lowered.

More as it happens.
                          Dan

Comment

• Brian,

Turn up your speakers and take this in. It is a great sound. Enjoy!

Comment

• Dan, that sounds really nice. Very smooth with just the right exhaust note. I like it!
                              Ed Sallia
                              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

• Sweeter than wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X