Studebaker Int'l & Michiana Chapter Agree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Int'l & Michiana Chapter Agree

It’s been a long three or four years with lots of bumps in the road but an agreement has finally been reached. Many have supported me and S.I. throughout this time and I want to pass along my heartfelt thanks. Of course I would have been much happier if this agreement had occurred a year or more ago, but now is better than never.

I’m hopeful that those who have had doubts about continuing as SDC members will reconsider. We’re about preserving and enjoying our Studebakers and the club is the best vehicle for doing so. The camaraderie and support of fellow members more than makes up for any negative by-products.

Ed Reynolds

I am glad to hear this, Ed, and thank you for posting.
    I am glad that an agreement was reached. I do not need to know the details, that is your business.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks for sharing the good news.
      Nice day to all.
      sigpic

Comment

Very glad to hear this Ed, the only Dictators we need around here have four wheels.
        Let's move beyond this, and keep those Studes rolling!

Jim & Judy Sinclair
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Good news indeed, Ed. I appreciate your post letting us know this.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Glad the issue was satisfactorily resolved. Communication between all involved parties is a boost for resolution.
            "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Cool beans, Ed; 'good to hear of the resolution. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by stratovue View Post
                I’m hopeful that those who have had doubts about continuing as SDC members will reconsider. We’re about preserving and enjoying our Studebakers and the club is the best vehicle for doing so. The camaraderie and support of fellow members more than makes up for any negative by-products.
                Ed Reynolds
                As one that expressed doubt about renewing my membership, I will stay on board, based on this resolution. You were treated badly, but if you are willing to hang in there and move on, I think we owe you and the club that much.

I hope TC's apology to, "All members," was extended to you, as well, on a personal level.

Movin' on!
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

Good news. Thanks to all who made the settlement happen.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Fortunately for me, and I hope for the average SDC member, this incident only covers a few days! Certainly, not years! This is one of the times I'm very happy to NOT be "in the know." No matter how awkward, how uncomfortable, or how "in-artful" this has been for those affected, I must conclude that exposing the situation to the public light of this forum, has motivated those involved to double efforts to quickly find a resolution.

Speaking of "In-artful"...this could be compared to a bunch of Studebaker nuts, sitting in a Champion arguing over "who farted," until someone realizes the way to resolve the embarrassment is to roll down the windows, open the doors, and let the freshness of free flowing air resolve the issue!

Time to crank 'er up, and as we say, "move on... into the future."
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Well said John and thanks for your thoughts.
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                        Fortunately for me, and I hope for the average SDC member, this incident only covers a few days! Certainly, not years! This is one of the times I'm very happy to NOT be "in the know." No matter how awkward, how uncomfortable, or how "in-artful" this has been for those affected, I must conclude that exposing the situation to the public light of this forum, has motivated those involved to double efforts to quickly find a resolution.

Speaking of "In-artful"...this could be compared to a bunch of Studebaker nuts, sitting in a Champion arguing over "who farted," until someone realizes the way to resolve the embarrassment is to roll down the windows, open the doors, and let the freshness of free flowing air resolve the issue!

Time to crank 'er up, and as we say, "move on... into the future."
                        Well said, Jim!

Comment

Working...
                        X