Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I bench test a 4 wire Power Window Motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: How do I bench test a 4 wire Power Window Motor?

How do I bench test a power window motor? I know I've done this before, but I can't recall the procedure. This motor has four wires....... Black, Red, Green and Yellow.
    Thanks
    John

On an Avanti, there is the white for ground, black for power, then a yellow and a green for up and a red and green for down. Just make sure it's grounded and make sure the green is connected along with the red or yellow.
    If you neglect the green wire, you'll fry the motor very quickly, as it is instrumental in reversing the polarity of the windings to provide the direction
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

.....how about a 3 wire ???

Comment

Never heard of a 3 wire. The Bosch motors used in the Avanti had 4, the later 70's used a 2 wire with a polarity reversing switch....

Other than having the motor case grounded by bolting it to a grounded chassis, then maybe a 3 wire is where you are.
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
          On an Avanti, there is the white for ground, black for power, then a yellow and a green for up and a red and green for down. Just make sure it's grounded and make sure the green is connected along with the red or yellow.
          If you neglect the green wire, you'll fry the motor very quickly, as it is instrumental in reversing the polarity of the windings to provide the direction
          Thanks Bob!

Comment

Working...
          X