57 GH Rear Window reveal Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 57 GH Rear Window reveal Clips

I am missing some of the tubular clips, part number 3032x1, for the 1312531 upper rear window reveal moulding on my 57 Golden Hawk. They fit in the 5/16" holes in the body and grab the 3/16" pins protruding from the moulding. I would like to get 9 of them since the ones I do have are in poor condition. I have tried SI and Stephen Allen's and both have no stock even though they list them on their web sites. If none can be found, does anyone have experience with an alternative?
    Last edited by JoeW; 05-19-2017, 11:46 AM.

Joe,

I couldn't find the Studebaker 3032X1 clips you are looking for, but found an assortment of "universal" Auveco brand clips (probably from the 1960's) which has barrel style clip shown as fitting a 3/16" stud (see photos). It doesn't list the size of the opening the clip fits in. You might want to do a search on-line to see if these are still available or if you want to give these a try send me a PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0749.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	1713720

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0750.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	1713721
    Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Dan,

Thanks for the help. I did find the assortment on line and ordered it. The 3/16"clips look the same as the 3032x1 clips. If they are designed for a smaller hole I may be able to use the 1/4" clips and put a sleeve on the 3/16" stud on the moulding. If they work I will update this post so others will know a solution.

Comment

The Auveco 3/16" tubular nuts in the assortment I received do not look like the one in Dan's assortment. They are the correct inside and outside diameter but are too long and protrude past the length of the pegs on the trim piece so they don't engage the pegs. After ordering several other sets of tubular nuts I finally stumbled on one that is exactly like the 3032x1. It is a Dorman 45420 that can be obtained from a number of sources although several of the sources I found on line were out of stock which I hope doesn't mean they will be discontinued.

Comment

I usually leave those out and secure whatever needs to be secured with clear RTV, otherwise known as silicone seal. Tape the item down with painters tape and let it cure for 48 hours. One advantage is that RTV does not chip the paint and allow rust to form in the hole.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
          X