Window gaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Window gaps

I don't know if it's body sag or what, but I can't get either side of my 63 GT Hawks windows to close what I think would be correct. On both sides, from the vent frame to the back edge of the window it's at a slant instead of level. Therefore at the back edge of the glass there is at least a 1/2" gap between the glass and where it should seal in the weather stripping above the door.
    I don't feel any movement in the doors when open, so I don't think there is anything wrong with the hinges. Is there and adjustment for this that I just can't find?

That sounds a bit excessive. You can remove the door panels, and play with the window mount adjustments. There are several of them, with slotted mount holes, that allow for shifting of the window assembly. I start at the front edge where you are, then work my way back aligning everything else, i.e. where the front and rear side windows align, then the rear side window alignment with the body window sill and upper edge. Its usually a PITA, and never gonna be perfect. But you can probably get it closer than you describe now.

Comment

If you have door sag then adjust them first then take on the window mechanisms. It sounds like some door hinge and body fatigue. Do be careful with door adjustments that can do damage to the strike plates and catches. GOOD LUCK

Comment

I haven't had time to explore this yet but my new to me 63 hawk arrived on the transport with a 1/2 inch gap between the front and back seat windows. The space is perfectly parallel and the doors open and close without sag. I'll be interested to hear what others have to say about this.

Comment

You may need to post pictures. The back quarter windows sound like they are not rolled up all the way if they are then those may be the place to start. Because the front door windows follow a track built into the vent windows they should roll up and look correct. If they do go up correct then the front door windows shouldn't need any adjustment especially since your doors are not sagging and all seems look correct. Check those rear quarter windows, and take a picture or two.

Comment

Working...
          X