Now That My '63 Avanti....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now That My '63 Avanti....

...has upgraded alternator, AC compressor, and carburetor (all brand X) is it a waste of time to enter it as original/stock? Cosmetically the exterior, interior, and engine bay, except for the aforementioned components, are all stock.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Depends and type of show you are going to with.
    Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
    Fort Worth, TX

Comment

What is the point of this post? Is it truly a question, or is it to put down judging for authenticity? For the benefit of doubt, I'll say you will be deducted for non authentic changes if you choose to have your car judged for authenticity. It is totally up to you as how to enjoy YOUR car.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
        What is the point of this post? Is it truly a question, or is it to put down judging for authenticity? For the benefit of doubt, I'll say you will be deducted for non authentic changes if you choose to have your car judged for authenticity. It is totally up to you as how to enjoy YOUR car.
        Not sure why you thought my post was some sort of put down. I should have added that I am uncertain what class to enter at SDC events with the changes I have made. That was the point of my post. As to my enjoying the car.....I most certainly do, very much.
        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
        jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

What do you consider a waste of time? In the stock class, you will lose points for every separate modification -- if the judges catch them all. The classes, policies, forms, etc are all available here:
          Skip Lackie

Comment

The authenticity deductions are very slight - only one or two points per instance. Not much of an impact and the judges actually have to notice/identify the items as non-authentic. Bottom line is the risk or the impact may be low.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I would just enter it and let the chips fall where they fall. But look at it as just a points thing and drive and enjoy it as you have it no matter what.

Comment

Working...
              X