Thread: Now That My '63 Avanti....

President Member

Now That My '63 Avanti....

...has upgraded alternator, AC compressor, and carburetor (all brand X) is it a waste of time to enter it as original/stock? Cosmetically the exterior, interior, and engine bay, except for the aforementioned components, are all stock.

Depends and type of show you are going to with.
    Mike
    Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

What is the point of this post? Is it truly a question, or is it to put down judging for authenticity? For the benefit of doubt, I'll say you will be deducted for non authentic changes if you choose to have your car judged for authenticity. It is totally up to you as how to enjoy YOUR car.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bezhawk View Post
    What is the point of this post? Is it truly a question, or is it to put down judging for authenticity? For the benefit of doubt, I'll say you will be deducted for non authentic changes if you choose to have your car judged for authenticity. It is totally up to you as how to enjoy YOUR car.
    Not sure why you thought my post was some sort of put down. I should have added that I am uncertain what class to enter at SDC events with the changes I have made. That was the point of my post. As to my enjoying the car.....I most certainly do, very much.

Silver Hawk Member
    What do you consider a waste of time? In the stock class, you will lose points for every separate modification -- if the judges catch them all. The classes, policies, forms, etc are all available here:
    http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/judging.asp

The authenticity deductions are very slight - only one or two points per instance. Not much of an impact and the judges actually have to notice/identify the items as non-authentic. Bottom line is the risk or the impact may be low.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

I would just enter it and let the chips fall where they fall. But look at it as just a points thing and drive and enjoy it as you have it no matter what.