This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbreviated International Meet thoughts

Having attended a few (over 15) International Meets from Sunday through Saturday, I was interested in opinions from regular Meet attendees over trimming a few days off the schedule. Was it an improvement or not?

As a vendor I like the full schedule better. Sales were off from normal, though that could also have been the weather and the very early time of year.
    Steve Grant
    madd_doodler@yahoo.com
    a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
    www.madddoodler.com
    Kinzua Region Chapter
    1881 Grain Wagon
    Late 1800s Spindle Seat Buggy
    1955 Conestoga
    1959 Lark 2 dr sdn

Comment

My brother's sales were very good. By the time we left Saturday morning, I had about all of the vending I could stand. I liked the shorter meet.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I'm a vendor and like the shorter venue, no dead days like before (Monday and Friday). Can't compare with with other meets, to many variables, like weather time of year, number of attendees, etc.

Comment

Keep the comments coming. I didn't get to see and do all I wanted (but I usually couldn't get it all in with the old format either).

Comment

We liked the shorter meet but it was difficult to attend all the events. I always enjoyed the banquet but the masses have spoken-no banquet.

Comment

I personally prefer the longer event. I missed out on some things I really wanted to do in this year's format.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

There should be a survey coming out soon, so event participants can let the club know how well they did with the new format.
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
                  There should be a survey coming out soon, so event participants can let the club know how well they did with the new format.
                  When and where will this survey be out?
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser

Comment

The survey will be in the packet that Turning Wheels arrives in, possibly August or September issues. Lou Cote

Comment

Originally posted by dynolou2 View Post
                      The survey will be in the packet that Turning Wheels arrives in, possibly August or September issues. Lou Cote
                      I don't know who is designing the survey, but I hope it will be designed so that those who actually attended, can have their data separated, and compiled separate from folks, like me, who were not able to attend.

It would be interesting, for future planning purposes, to compile such information as to who would most likely attend future meets based on the time of year, school age children, accompanied with family, or attending alone. Now that I'm retired, I am sort of ambivalent about how long the meet should be, but I also understand that for folks who have family, school age children/grandchildren (that also enjoy the cars), there is much more to consider. I know that the value of any survey depends on how it is constructed. I would not be good at making one. Hopefully, it will be simple enough to attract participation, but not so complex to confuse useful interpretation of data.

Hats off to those donating time to improve our collective experience.
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Harris View Post
                        I'm a vendor and like the shorter venue, no dead days like before (Monday and Friday). Can't compare with with other meets, to many variables, like weather time of year, number of attendees, etc.
                        Unless one lives in the area, Monday or Friday does not have to be 'dead'. There is LOTS to do outside of South Bend, where one can take in the Gilmore Museum (which is a day in itself), along with Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Museum and other which are not far away.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                          Unless one lives in the area, Monday or Friday does not have to be 'dead'. There is LOTS to do outside of South Bend, where one can take in the Gilmore Museum (which is a day in itself), along with Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Museum and other which are not far away.

Craig
                          We got to South Bend a day early just so we could drive up and take in the Gilmore Museum. We also went to the ACD Museum on the way to South Bend. Both should not be missed.
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser

Comment

not much of an opinion on the longer/shorter meet - probably the longer. but IMHO the opening of the "car show" to the public on a Saturday is the best way to get more folks interested in Studebakers - maybe purchase one for sale at some point and join the SDC. as many threads have stated, we need "new blood" to keep going in the future. that is also the best reason to go to multi-make car shows in your area. it's really CASO cheap to print out some brochures to give away to interested folks!
                            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
                            X