This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Judging of Studebakers at South Bend

This year at the 2017 International Meet in South Bend we judged all Studebakers using an Apple IPAD-based system named eJudged (http://www.ejudged.com). This system was tested at the 2015 International Meet in St Louis, and again at the 2016 International Meet in Warwick. Based on our testing of the software at these locations, a decision was made to go 100% with all divisions in South Bend this year.

I worked with the eJudged group for nearly 4 years in developing this system which led to the success we experienced this year in South Bend. eJudged does not replace the need for judging standards for our cars. It simplifies the tallying of scores for cars, eliminates the long hours of checking score sheets (with the resulting errors), and provides instant identification of Division winners. And, it does it with many fewer volunteers needed! It has proved thoroughly reliable with no software glitches experienced this year.

eJudged has worked tirelessly with me to develop this product that pretty much mimics the paper format we have used in the past, and is available to other Studebaker groups who may be considering a Zone Meet in the upcoming months. You can download the product at the Apple store as in IPAD phone only (it will not appear if you search for it as an IPAD only download). Look for EJUDGED, as another software package will show, for $4.99. That is NOT EJUDGED. Should you want to test this product this product for future use, or are just curious about it, I'd be happy to share a "TEST" environment the eJudged group and I have created for interest parties.

Oh yeah, and it is VERY affordable! It runs "in the cloud". The only thing needed is a stable connection to the Internet to make it work.

Denny Foust
    Chair, SDC International Meet Committee

studeguy54@verizon.net

First off, thank you for giving so much time and effort for this project. This is next level stuff that many car clubs will and should be using in the near future. I watched it in use in South Bend in basically the toughest test so far with inclement weather, and 3 lanes of judging. I look forward to seeing how far this can go! Thanks again, Denny.

Comment

Denny,
      Are the owners of the cars judged able to access the judging information about their car? Scoresheets were not given out with the awards at the Saturday afternoon ceremony. I for one was disappointed with the timing of the awards ceremony. According to the program, the ceremony was to be done by 2:30. It was late starting and finished around 3:30.
      sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Yes I too would like a copy of my judging sheet if we are able to obtain them. Thanks

Comment

I would really like to see the results also. I heard my name called but couldn't break away from the people who helped me with my car. Also if anyone has pictures of my car at the show (I was taking pictures of other cars, didn't think about my own until I got home, or better yet in the parade (they would have had to been in the first mile or two) I would love to see them.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1767.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	1713586Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1768.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1713587 Here you go!
            Attached Files
            Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Thank you for the pics

Comment

The official SDC Judging Policy manual states, "A copy of the judging form will be included with each award. Those not receiving awards can pick up there (their) judging form after the awards banquet". Another meet blooper????

Comment

Yes, please, information about obtaining the judging sheets would be appreciated. I always like to see where I can improve my Avanti and rely on the judge's eyes to assist. Thanks.

Comment

Judging sheets will be emailed to everyone we have an email address for. Due to a death of a longtime Keystone Member (a Charter member) it may be delayed for a few days. If within a reasonable amount of time you do not receive your copy please email Denny Foust through the forum.
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
                      Denny,
                      Are the owners of the cars judged able to access the judging information about their car? Scoresheets were not given out with the awards at the Saturday afternoon ceremony. I for one was disappointed with the timing of the awards ceremony. According to the program, the ceremony was to be done by 2:30. It was late starting and finished around 3:30.
                      Results of the judging WILL be available to all those who want them. If you would send it to me at: studeguy54@verizon.net, I will be sure you get the score.

Denny
                      Last edited by studeguy54; 05-15-2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Denny, as I approached the International this year, I had worked to get my GT ready, and all was moving right along. . .then, bam. . .and I couldnt bring her. . .Sistah Lucille, needed to go back into the shop. Because I wasnt showing a car, I knew instantly I wanted to assist with the JUDGING. . .not that I am a pro, by any stretch, but my motives were simple, I would be able to SEE up CLOSE and personal all the cars that came down the line I was assigned.

So I volunteered, and I am glad I did. I was assigned to worked with Peter Bishop. We had a wonderful experience and each of the vehicles we judged were great cars, and a work of love so to speak from the owners.
                        The electronic system, that you have worked on for several years, is a great little program, and as a scribe, it made it easy for me to put the information into the system. I suppose through the years the one thing about my JUDGES REPORT that frustrated me, was the inability to read what they were addressing. My judging reports always become my PUNCH LIST of things to do on the Sistah. With the advent of the iPad usage the penmanship of me as a scribe will not be an issue. Can I get an AMEN to that!!

I appreciate Ed, giving me the opportunity, and I intend on serving again in the future. .. my only advice. . .maybe some cookies. . .to munch on. . .smile.
                        REPUTATION CHANGES--CHARACTER GROWS--INTEGRITY LEADS

THINK right--TALK right--WALK right--Its that SIMPLE!

Ernest E. Brown http://twitter.com/umpireeebrown
                        The church at the Christian Center, Arab, Alabama
                        www.thechristiancenter.us
                        https://www.facebook.com/Sistah-Luci...3554643351002/

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
                          The official SDC Judging Policy manual states, "A copy of the judging form will be included with each award. Those not receiving awards can pick up there (their) judging form after the awards banquet". Another meet blooper????

Obviously, it didn't occur to anyone to realize that other complimentary documents needed amending, considering the various changes to the meet policy. You were sharp enough to notice this and bring it to everyone's attention. I'm sure Denny will take a look at these loose ends and have them corrected in the future.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Actually Judging sheets were intended to be included with the awards as they were presented. However, a breakdown of communication precluded the sheets to returned to Denny before the awards were presented. We are aware of the problem and hopefully it will be a one year occurrence. Sorry the system did not work quite as it was intended too.
                            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

When it was all over with, we made significant progress, and gave this system a complete run for its money, in every class, in a place where the most cars in an International are judged. Oh yeah, it poured down rain as well. So, as a friend of mine likes to say, "Now we go back to the Lab". We take what worked and expand it, and we correct what needs to corrected, to make the process better.

I noticed that many were just hanging out and watching the cars coming through. I was so wrapped up in the execution of dealing with things that I made a note that we should have had more chairs for people to sit in. We can make this an event and process for people to watch happen. Its kind of cool to watch. And coffee....

Again, great job Denny. This is next level future stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X