Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote:"I noticed that many were just hanging out and watching the cars coming through. I was so wrapped up in the execution of dealing with things that I made a note that we should have had more chairs for people to sit in. We can make this an event and process for people to watch happen. Its kind of cool to watch. And coffee.... " unquote

I like the idea of watching the judging, especially from a chair. I have attended Hershey Auctions numerous times and watching the sale cars enter and exit is always a treat. I envision this to be similar.
    sigpic
    55 President Deluxe
    64 Commander
    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
      Denny,
      Are the owners of the cars judged able to access the judging information about their car? Scoresheets were not given out with the awards at the Saturday afternoon ceremony. I for one was disappointed with the timing of the awards ceremony. According to the program, the ceremony was to be done by 2:30. It was late starting and finished around 3:30.
      Pardon me for being a bit tardy in responding to your request for the score sheet for your car. If you will email me at studeguy54@verizon.net, I will get your score sheet to you by email.

Denny Foust

Comment

Please check your PM's

Comment

Originally posted by trap442w30 View Post
          I would really like to see the results also. I heard my name called but couldn't break away from the people who helped me with my car. Also if anyone has pictures of my car at the show (I was taking pictures of other cars, didn't think about my own until I got home, or better yet in the parade (they would have had to been in the first mile or two) I would love to see them.
          Pardon me for being a bit tardy in responding to your request for the score sheet for your car. If you will email me at studeguy54@verizon.net, I will get your score sheet to you by email.

Denny Foust

143 Studebaker Road
          Spring Mills, Pa 16875

814-441-4799

Comment

I've tried to "private message" as many of you as I can about your results of judging as you did not post an email address on your post. I periodically come back in here and check the Forum for any new OR private messages. Anyone who would like a copy of their judging results can receive them, free of charge by emailing me at studeguy54@verizon.net

Denny Foust

Comment

This may not be the best place to bring this up.... But why ... with cars (drivers) waiting in the rain to get judged..... would someone be allowed to bring a trailered car INSIDE the building to be judged and then allowed to put the car back IN the trailer to continue on... Isn't this supposed to be a DRIVERS CLUB?? I have had many unhappy owners contact me about this... and I had nothing to do with the judging.
              I believe this needs to be looked into at future meets.

Comment

Judging of cars out of the rain in South Bend

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                This may not be the best place to bring this up.... But why ... with cars (drivers) waiting in the rain to get judged..... would someone be allowed to bring a trailered car INSIDE the building to be judged and then allowed to put the car back IN the trailer to continue on... Isn't this supposed to be a DRIVERS CLUB?? I have had many unhappy owners contact me about this... and I had nothing to do with the judging.
                I believe this needs to be looked into at future meets.
                I appreciate your comments about the judging of vehicles in/out of the rain, and, indeed, we will look at this in the future. I have also had a good number of owners write me to thank the club for allowing them to bring their trailers in the judging area to unload their cars out of the rain. These restored cars would otherwise not have been unloaded and had the opportunity to be judged. These cars were pulled in the center of the building where cars were being judged so as not to impede the traffic coming to either side of the judging building.

We believe all cars were judged fairly, given the wet weather conditions, and this added convenience for owners of what were mostly pre-war restored Studebakers was very much appreciated and added roughly an hour to what was our expected end time for judging.

Comment

Trailered cars verses drivers? Has there been thought about division splits on these two? I have had comments from members dissatisfaction of over restored cars on the show field competing against their driver only to be put back into a trailer again at the end of the day. Would there also be consideration for adding a new class to cover the new trend of Rat Rods?
                  sigpic

Comment

To springboard on something that Denny said, I had more than one owner of a pre-war convertible that was very concerned about getting their 1927 (or what ever year) interior completely wet. These cars had no windows, some no roof, but also wanted to be judged. This was the best compromise for all. Yes, its a drivers club, but just as important, its an owners club. This was primarily a thing that did involve pre-war vehicles. Sometimes one has to think on the fly, and with 3 lanes going one was reserved for trailered non-waterproof vehicles.

CP1, this is an interesting concept. I believe that the concept is to have the vehicle look like it did when it left the factory. Over restored cars is something that we will need to talk about, and if there is a point deduction because it probably wasn't clear coated when it left the factory

Comment

Working...
                    X