Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Thank You To The Michiana Chapter For An Outstanding 2017 SDC Meet !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Thank You To The Michiana Chapter For An Outstanding 2017 SDC Meet !

I just returned from the 600 mile round trip South Bend, and my fun meter is pegged. It was great to see old Studebaker friends and make some new ones. I almost went broke saving money at the swap meet, but do not regret a single dollar spent. The, "wife's GT" got a little over 21 MPG on the return trip.

I also stopped to help a couple change a tire on their Lark, alongside the road about 60 miles away from SB, on the return trip home today. Within five minutes, folks in two Avantis and a 53 C or K stopped to help also. I think the couple could not have picked a better spot to have a flat tire, with so many Studebaker folks on the road.

I can not begin to imagine the organizational efforts, and just plain hard work, it must take to put on such an event. So again, a BIG THANK YOU to the Michiana Chapter for all your hard work and dedication in making this the outstanding Meet that it was

Joe Hall

What Joe said; thanks to all involved! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Agreed! I didn't get to talk to too many people but had a great time. Everything seemed well organized and thought out.

Looking forward to the next one.

Comment

Agreed also
        Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
        1961 Hawk 4-speed
        1967 Avanti
        1961 Lark 2 door
        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Had a great time meeting people that I've talked to on the phone and did business with like Dave Thibeault, Ernie Loga and Jim Turner. It was nice to thank them in person for their great work and dedication to our hobby. Kudos to those who put on a fabulous meet.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
            I just returned from the 600 mile round trip South Bend, and my fun meter is pegged. It was great to see old Studebaker friends and make some new ones. I almost went broke saving money at the swap meet, but do not regret a single dollar spent. The, "wife's GT" got a little over 21 MPG on the return trip.

I also stopped to help a couple change a tire on their Lark, alongside the road about 60 miles away from SB, on the return trip home today. Within five minutes, folks in two Avantis and a 53 C or K stopped to help also. I think the couple could not have picked a better spot to have a flat tire, with so many Studebaker folks on the road.

I can not begin to imagine the organizational efforts, and just plain hard work, it must take to put on such an event. So again, a BIG THANK YOU to the Michiana Chapter for all your hard work and dedication in making this the outstanding Meet that it was

Joe Hall
            This was truly a team effort by many organizations and people. Thanks to everyone that attended the Meet in South Bend.

Comment

Well Done!!! Thank you to all who put on this meet.

Comment

Thank you Michiana chapter! It's a big commitment to do this every 5 years but we appreciate it.
                My wife and I were only there for a short 2 days. You got us through a busy judging session, Bob kept us informed on the PA, and we had a nice chat with Denny Foust back at the hotel.
                The Friday car show downtown was really fun. The video screen at the fairgrounds was a great too.

Comment

A BIG THANKS here to the Michiana chapter for an excellent meet! Yes, it was cool and windy but you can't do much about that and besides, being from Maine we should be used to it. The May dates allowed us to finally make it to SB and we enjoyed ourselves very much. The Museum, Bldg. 84 tour and even the buffet dinner wasn't half bad. A lot of younger folks were exposed to our marque and the First Friday event was a blast. My only regret was not being able to drive the Golden Hawk due to time constraints, would have loved to get some more opinions as to the originality of the "400" interior. And thanks to Andy Beckman. going out of his way to accommodate our request to check the archives. Looking forward to going back in another five years!

Comment

To Bob and all Michiana Chapter members, Thanks for a great job in putting on this Meet. To all who have not been part of a team who has put on a meet it is a massive undertaking with many moving parts and pieces and takes many people and many long hours to make it a success. Well done folks and I know how hard you all worked to make it a success.
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                    X