This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Judging at the 2017 Studebaker Convention

The Michiana Chapter, and The Studebaker National Museum have participated in the Hagerty Junior Judging Program at our May Meets for the past few years. This program is sponsored by Hagerty Insurance and is designed to introduce young people to the car hobby, and old cars in general. Young people will be judging 10 cars during our Car Show on Saturday. If you would like to have your car judged by a Junior Judge please let us know at the Registration Desk on Saturday. You will just need to be at your car when we judge it, and there is a separate award that the Junior Judges will be presenting to you. Its quite a thrill for the young people. A special thanks to the Museum, and Max Gretencord, a Life Trustee of the Museum for doing the actual execution of this Judging Program, and doing a great job.

If you are interested in doing this for your upcoming event, please contact Hagerty. It is always a hit!
    Last edited by Bob Henning; 04-28-2017, 06:03 AM.

Does this mean young people are doing the judging or young people are having their cars judged or what? The title is not clear by itself. I haven't heard of this program before.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

First time I've heard of this program. Since my show activities have decreased over the years, it may be that I am out of touch and under exposed. Except for my local cruise-in activity, my show participation has been limited to local chapter SDC events, and even those are more infrequent. Are other organizations such as AACA doing this?

I applaud this effort. Anything that helps to include our youth, respects, and encourages their participation, might just ignite a lifelong passion and ensure the future of the hobby.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
        Does this mean young people are doing the judging or young people are having their cars judged or what? The title is not clear by itself. I haven't heard of this program before.
        Young people will be judging your car. No one will be touching your car. You will be asked to either open the hood if its not, or the door so that the Junior Judges can look inside.
        Last edited by Bob Henning; 04-28-2017, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
          First time I've heard of this program. Since my show activities have decreased over the years, it may be that I am out of touch and under exposed. Except for my local cruise-in activity, my show participation has been limited to local chapter SDC events, and even those are more infrequent. Are other organizations such as AACA doing this?

I applaud this effort. Anything that helps to include our youth, respects, and encourages their participation, might just ignite a lifelong passion and ensure the future of the hobby.
          John, its really cool to watch a group of young people doing it too. This will be the 4th year, I think, that we have done it, and it is always a hit. Max does an excellent job of working with them too. The ages of the judges range from 8-15 or so.

Comment

My great grandson, Seth, has been a junior judge in the past. He really enjoyed the experience. He has since moved to Florida and will miss it.

Comment

Working...
            X