Thread: Lovely Lark Door Interchange

Champion Member

Lovely Lark Door Interchange

Hello Everyone,
    I have the opportunity to pick up a pair of rear doors for a 63-66 four door wagon; will these also fit a 63-66 four door sedan? Studebaker International list different part numbers but perhaps a member has successfully attempted a swap. Any help would be appreciated and you can never have enough parts filling your garage!
    Best,
    Rick

Commander Member
    Rick,
    I'm sure you realize these doors are in two sections. The main part from the beltline down and the upper frame. According to my parts book the only difference between sedans and wagons is the upper frame.

Golden Hawk Member
    A 1963 sedan has the taller doors that all wagons/Wagonaires use. 1964-1966 sedans have a shorter/lower door. The difference is in the upper section.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

President Member
    Measure the location of the exterior door handle. A '63 fits a '63! The uppers can be changed depending on model but the '64-'66 uses a different door due to the door handle being located lower on the outside of the door on a '63.
    Rob in PA.

I have a full set of doors from a 64 Daytona, 4 Dr. I'm headed to South Bend around the first of June. Make me a reasonable offer on any of the 4 you need.
    1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1957 Thunderbird