Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I REALLY, REALLY need to give away a bunch of parts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I REALLY, REALLY need to give away a bunch of parts...

Last October we finally closed the sale of our old farm. On the farm is an 1870 bank barn which was storing my 44-year stock of Studebaker stuff. Even though Stephen Cade and Mathew Burnett came by and bought probably 80 to 85 percent of my stuff, they didn't have room for more so I'm kind of stuck with the heavy stuff. I have been slow getting the stuff out and my buyer is getting anxious. By this time next week everything will be gone, much to the scrapper or the dump. I have run out of places to move the stuff (a 40-foot ocean container, a 20x10 storage room at the local friendly rental storage facility, my 12 x 24 garage (had to move the Gravelys out in to the weather). I'm even about to face wife to say that her car is going to have to come outside for a while. So here are the most critical items, everything free except for one item,
    a Dana 44 TT Avanti/SuperLark/SuperHawk 3.54 rear end. It has just over 60,000 miles on it. I took it out of my '64 R-1 Avanti and installed a 3.07 for better highway driving. Need $300 for it picked up at my place.
    a used T-86 overdrive tranny, NOS transmission parts
    used glass that appears to be nice- two K door glasses, one K rear quarter glass, a K vent wing, a C/K windshield, all pieces tinted, a clear C/K windshield. what I think is a GT rear quarter window, a 59-60 Lark rear glass, tinted, what looks like a '62 Lark windshield and a couple small curved rear glasses that I can't identify.
    a very nice 47-49 Commander hood
    a NOS oil pan (don't know what it fits)
    60 or so NOS exhaust pipes, various years and models (surface rust), some other 2-inch pipes that may be Avanti (some surface rust)
    lots of other things I can't remember right now.
    Obviously with the little amount of time left, anyone interested will need to pick up any of the items. PM me to set a time/day to come by. I am about five miles off I-81 at Martinsburg, WV and about 15 miles south of I-70 at Hagerstown, MD. The parts are 11 miles from my house.
    Thanks
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Paul,

I wish I could help... I just bought a new house and have to get everything moved there by April 30. Spent 3 hours tonight moving 2 trailer loads trying to beat the rain this weekend.

Comment

I am local and would love to come by.

Comment

A bit too far east for me to go on way to SB via Pittsburgh, and I will have the same problem Steven had w/space on the 28' trailer.

Comment

Pretty area...
          That barn was packed with Stude stuff when I was there a few years ago...
          (And I took some stuff with me in the trunk of a company car).....

Reminds me of that company car joke:
          What's the difference between a company car and an off road vehicle?

Answer: A company car will go a LOT more places...
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
            Pretty area...
            That barn was packed with Stude stuff when I was there a few years ago...
            (And I took some stuff with me in the trunk of a company car).....

Reminds me of that company car joke:
            What's the difference between a company car and an off road vehicle?

Answer: A company car will go a LOT more places...
            I bought a '57 Transtar pickup off a guy about a dozen years ago who had a similar story. He had a Packardbaker engine that he had listed for sale and the guy showed up in a full size rental Chevy to pick it up. After some discussion Marty agreed to drop it in the trunk and the guy drove off. I think the buyer was a member of the forum at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
              I bought a '57 Transtar pickup off a guy about a dozen years ago who had a similar story. He had a Packardbaker engine that he had listed for sale and the guy showed up in a full size rental Chevy to pick it up. After some discussion Marty agreed to drop it in the trunk and the guy drove off. I think the buyer was a member of the forum at one time.
              I have been involved with the transport of complete V8 engines in sedan trunks and the back of old style station wagons more times than I can remember.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I'm sure Jerry Kurtz would be pleased to have the T86 but, time and distance play no favors.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                  Last October we finally closed the sale of our old farm. On the farm is an 1870 bank barn which was storing my 44-year stock of Studebaker stuff. Even though Stephen Cade and Mathew Burnett came by and bought probably 80 to 85 percent of my stuff, they didn't have room for more so I'm kind of stuck with the heavy stuff. I have been slow getting the stuff out and my buyer is getting anxious. By this time next week everything will be gone, much to the scrapper or the dump. I have run out of places to move the stuff (a 40-foot ocean container, a 20x10 storage room at the local friendly rental storage facility, my 12 x 24 garage (had to move the Gravelys out in to the weather). I'm even about to face wife to say that her car is going to have to come outside for a while. So here are the most critical items, everything free except for one item,
                  a Dana 44 TT Avanti/SuperLark/SuperHawk 3.54 rear end. It has just over 60,000 miles on it. I took it out of my '64 R-1 Avanti and installed a 3.07 for better highway driving. Need $300 for it picked up at my place.
                  a used T-86 overdrive tranny, NOS transmission parts
                  used glass that appears to be nice- two K door glasses, one K rear quarter glass, a K vent wing, a C/K windshield, all pieces tinted, a clear C/K windshield. what I think is a GT rear quarter window, a 59-60 Lark rear glass, tinted, what looks like a '62 Lark windshield and a couple small curved rear glasses that I can't identify.
                  a very nice 47-49 Commander hood
                  a NOS oil pan (don't know what it fits)
                  60 or so NOS exhaust pipes, various years and models (surface rust), some other 2-inch pipes that may be Avanti (some surface rust)
                  lots of other things I can't remember right now.
                  Obviously with the little amount of time left, anyone interested will need to pick up any of the items. PM me to set a time/day to come by. I am about five miles off I-81 at Martinsburg, WV and about 15 miles south of I-70 at Hagerstown, MD. The parts are 11 miles from my house.
                  Thanks
                  Update to parts dilemma:
                  Two people came today and between them took about 50 exhaust pipes, two windshields and most of the flat glass, virtually all of my NOS parts that Stephen Cade didn't take (steering parts, transmission parts, king pin sets, and more mechanical iron), two used V-8 heads, leaf and coil springs, the T-86 tranny went away and virtually all used parts are gone. I have several axles including three larger truck axles, some steering shafts, some truck tie rod ends and a dozen or so exhaust pipes, a clear C/K windshield, two K door windows, one '59-'60 Lark rear glass, one '47-'52 four door rear glass, one small curved glass that I can't identify and a really nice '47-'49 Commander hood. So, now about all I need to move are my personal Studebaker items (Wagonaire tailgate, hood, front fenders, air scoop) and some garage memorabilia. I do have a pile of damaged gaskets and related stuff to gather up and throw away, mostly non Studebaker. Relief at last.
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Good job! I know the feeling, I got my storage unit emptied and all my shelves set up in my basement (and mostly filled). I will move my furniture next weekend. I hope this is the last time I move...

Comment

Good deal, Paul. I'm glad the stuff didn't get tossed.

We've been so busy that we haven't had time to sort through and inventory the parts Stephen bought from you. We'll get to it someday!

Also, I'm really happy to hear that you're having the Wagonaire fixed. It was looking pretty sad in that barn.

Comment

Paul, do you still have the Dana 44 TT?
                        ed ellis

sigpic

the "SUPER COUPE"

Comment

Glad the stuff was saved. Any idea if the c/k windshields will be going to south bend for sale? I would be interested.
                          sigpic
                          '89 Ford Festiva
                          '90 Ford F250 4x4
                          '18 Kia Soul
                          '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                          '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Working...
                          X