This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap meet space confirmation

I sent my swap meet space application in last month and have not received any conformation yet, nor has my check been cashed. Is this something I should worry about? I'm dragging a bunch of stuff 900 miles and I hate to be stuck in a parking lot holding a sign.....
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

The latest word is that spaces will be assignment on a first come first served. basis, this is hearsay only so it may have changed again
    The was too much disagreement with old time vendors that had their spaces for years and the meet people that started to move vendors around.
    I hope that the meet people will reply to this post and clear things up.
    Robert Kapteyn
    Last edited by rkapteyn; 04-19-2017, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Received my confirmation via e-mail this morning.
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
        The latest word is that spaces will be assignment on a first come first served. basis, this is hearsay only so it may have changed again
        The was too much disagreement with old time vendors that had their spaces for years and the meet people that started to move vendors around.
        I hope that the meet people will reply to this post and clear things up.
        Robert Kapteyn
        The only reason that some were moved around is because many vendors wanted more tables than in a normal May Meet. Please remember that some people do and some people don't like to be near one another. Let's be honest, some people just do or don't like one another for many reasons, or some vendors watch each other's space while the other makes a tour through items or to the bathroom. Each year we try to accommodate the needs or preferences of our valuable vendors. Also, please remember that both of the buildings are sold out! There is really no advantage to be being in one building over another. There will be signage to direct everyone to both buildings. If you aren't going to both, you are going to miss something you might need.

No offense, but there is and never was a "Latest word". Yes, this is hearsay.

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
          I sent my swap meet space application in last month and have not received any conformation yet, nor has my check been cashed. Is this something I should worry about? I'm dragging a bunch of stuff 900 miles and I hate to be stuck in a parking lot holding a sign.....
          Hi Jamie,

Your check was received on 3/28. Yes, you have a place An email confirmation was sent to you. If you have any more questions, please PM me at rhenn15090@aol.com. As long as you aren't on a corner holding a "Will work for food" sign, all is well.
          Drive safe with your bunch of stuff.
          Bob H.

Comment

Do all vendors receive an email confirmation or just some vendors? We sent check Feb 8, cashed Mar 13, but no confirmation yet.
            Chuck Collins Phx AZ

Comment

Originally posted by cstude1 View Post
              Do all vendors receive an email confirmation or just some vendors? We sent check Feb 8, cashed Mar 13, but no confirmation yet.
              Chuck Collins Phx AZ
              Hi Chuck. Please email karenldyer@sbcglobal.net and ask her. I will also check in with her too. I am sure you are in there.

Comment

Man did that get an answer in a hurry

Does the confirmation notice include which spaces you paid for or do they move you wherever they want?

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
                  Man did that get an answer in a hurry

Does the confirmation notice include which spaces you paid for or do they move you wherever they want?
                  Someone pointed out that my post sound confrontational.
                  To the contrary.
                  I want to congratulate the people that put this huge meet together.
                  They are all volunteers and do not deserve any grief.
                  I will not be vending because of my age and health concerns.
                  I invite people to stop by my building in Joliet Illinois for parts they were not able to find in South Bend.
                  I have rolls of upholstery material , seats and loads of sheetmetal.
                  Robert Kapteyn
                  815 212 2389. studebaker@mac.com

Comment

Thanks Bob. I was just worried that I had not heard from anyone. I will go back and check my emails. I do appreciate the quick reply.
                    Jamie McLeod
                    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                    1958 Commander "Christine"
                    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                    1955 Commander Sedan
                    1964 Champ
                    1960 Lark

Comment

Working...
                    X