Thread: Pardon the questions, but....

President Member

Pardon the questions, but....

I am not planning on bringing my "new" Stude to the International Meet this year (not enough "shakedown" time, LOL!), and my brother-in-law and sister are planning on coming out too. We aren't planning on any seminars or tours; will we need to pay the $45 general registration fee just to get into the swap meet? Will the Saturday "Open Car Show" be free to attend, or not? The March '17 TW is a little nebulous as to this..."FREE TO PRE-REGISTERED ATTENDEES".

I would like this all to be crystal-clear, as I heard that it was indeed the case at the last SDC international, that if you didn't pay the registration fee, you couldn't get into the swap meet.

Thanks.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Speedster Member
    Bill,

If you have registered them as guests on the registration you recently purchased, the badges they would receive when you pick-up your registration materials, if worn, will get them into all activities, including the Saturday Car Show. If they are NOT registered at guests, they will, indeed, have to pay the $5/day gate fee.

All REGISTERED meet attendees will be permitted onto the grounds by showing their Registration badge. Any Unregistered Car Show or Swap Meet attendee will pay a $5/day fee to enter the grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pressler View Post
    I am not planning on bringing my "new" Stude to the International Meet this year (not enough "shakedown" time, LOL!), and my brother-in-law and sister are planning on coming out too. We aren't planning on any seminars or tours; will we need to pay the $45 general registration fee just to get into the swap meet? Will the Saturday "Open Car Show" be free to attend, or not? The March '17 TW is a little nebulous as to this..."FREE TO PRE-REGISTERED ATTENDEES".

I would like this all to be crystal-clear, as I heard that it was indeed the case at the last SDC international, that if you didn't pay the registration fee, you couldn't get into the swap meet.

Thanks.

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by studeguy54 View Post
    Bill,

If you have registered them as guests on the registration you recently purchased, the badges they would receive when you pick-up your registration materials, if worn, will get them into all activities, including the Saturday Car Show. If they are NOT registered at guests, they will, indeed, have to pay the $5/day gate fee.

All REGISTERED meet attendees will be permitted onto the grounds by showing their Registration badge. Any Unregistered Car Show or Swap Meet attendee will pay a $5/day fee to enter the grounds.

Thank you. I hadn't seen any of this addressed anywhere before, perhaps because I hadn't looked in the right place.

I went ahead and registered, although was a little surprised it's now $55, with an additional $10 late fee on top of the earlier $10 late fee, for missing the April 7 date. I did include my sister and brother-in-law as my guests.

Looking forward to going out.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Speedster Member
    Bill,

We look forward to seeing you in South Bend in May. I'm sure you'll find lots to do the week of the meet, and am glad you were able to get your relatives registered as guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pressler View Post
    Thank you. I hadn't seen any of this addressed anywhere before, perhaps because I hadn't looked in the right place.

I went ahead and registered, although was a little surprised it's now $55, with an additional $10 late fee on top of the earlier $10 late fee, for missing the April 7 date. I did include my sister and brother-in-law as my guests.

Looking forward to going out.