A Dummy Engine For Deep-N-Hock...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Dummy Engine For Deep-N-Hock...

Blinged up my "test fit" engine to bring to South Bend for the Int'l Meet..
    Still need to add some shiny bolts to it...
    Am going to be a vendor selling intake manifolds and CNC ported cylinder heads.
    Have made the enclosed trailer up into a showroom.. All done on the cheap.
    It's a dead block, with bad heads, no guts, and it's a used trailer snagged a 14 months ago.
    Looking forward to going!

Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 03-27-2017, 11:38 AM.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Great Jeff! I look forward to meeting you at SB. Engine & trailer all are first class, as your work always is.
    Nick

Comment

Impressive display. I especially like the small "footprint" of the wheeled dolly. Of course, if the engine were buttoned up, with an oil pan, that dolly wouldn't work. Certainly not in my drafty, dusty, pole building. However, for your purpose, fantastic!
      Nothing "Dummy" about it.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

The bottom of the dummy engine is designed that way.
        The trailer came with just a single workbench door, but I changed it to a double door.
        Put a big winch in there to load 'The Black Car'. The winch is mounted on a removeable 'stub' (a class III hitch pointed straight up).

So the dummy engine needs 9" of clearance underneath for the roller fairlead.
        The dummy engine gets stored under the workbench for travel, but the car can still get loaded with the winch.

Still need to build up a 'tongue' that plugs in to the pin at the base of the winch mount, and then put in the two e-track single mounts behind the double doors to tie the dummy engine down solid for road travel.

Originally posted by jclary View Post
        Impressive display. I especially like the small "footprint" of the wheeled dolly. Of course, if the engine were buttoned up, with an oil pan, that dolly wouldn't work. Certainly not in my drafty, dusty, pole building. However, for your purpose, fantastic!
        Nothing "Dummy" about it.

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Just go buy a foam block like this:

Are you looking for mock-up engine blocks for sale? Visit Redline Stands to check and buy different types of engine blocks, plastic engine blocks, Mock-Up Engines, and more from our collection.

Except they don't have a Studebaker block and they cost more than the running Stude V8 I bought and dropped in my truck! Oh well!

Can't wait to see yours in person, Jeff!

Comment

Do you produce those valve covers?...

Comment

More great work Jeff! I sure hope we can make SB (personal issues getting in the way at the present)and see your products in person.
              Cheers, Bill

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
                Do you produce those valve covers?...
                No sir, I do not.
                Bought these a long, long time ago. The rocker adj'g screws hit the insides and I never bothered grinding them out on the inside.
                They fit a whole lot better when there isn't anything in the head.
                Haven't seen anybody reproducing these, either..

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                X