Greensboro, N C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greensboro, N C

I received a copy of the Production Order for my 62 Gran Turismo from the Studebaker Museum today.
    For the destination it has Greensboro N C. Can anyone tell me the name of the Studebaker Dealership that was there and any additional information as well.

Thank you to anyone who can help me with this.

Jimmie
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Studebakers were first sold in Greensboro by Gate City Motors located at 220 North Church Street. Then they were sold by Barry`s Studebaker located on South Elm Street until they went out of business about 1969.

Comment

[QUOTE= Barry`s Studebaker ... until they went out of business about 1969.[/QUOTE]

I'm just curious - what did they do for those few years after Studebaker shut down till they themselves closed?

DId they sell used cars? Service previous customers cars?

Comment

They were given the Mercedes franchise along with MG .Triumph and other English brands. Then turned into Pickard-Dunn Dodge. They split up about 1970 with Jack Pickard getting the Mercedes dealership and Bob Dunn going to ford.

Comment

Here's the dealer that my '63 Champ supposedly came from in Greensboro:

Dixie Sales Co., Inc.
          327-329 Battleground Ave.
          Greensboro, NC

Production Order:
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

My 63 Daytona R/2 4 Speed came from Berry's Inc. 811 S Elm Street, Greensboro.NC. For Sale $4,500 (YES IT NEEDS EVERYTHING)
            Jack White
            Charlotte,NC
            North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Trade you Jack. My 64 for your 63 Daytona and you give me $8500.
              Wayne Elks

66 Phantom Champ
              65 Cruiser
              64 Champ
              40 4-Dr Commander

Comment

How about the 63 plus $478.63

Originally posted by ole 64 View Post
                Trade you Jack. My 64 for your 63 Daytona and you give me $8500.
                Jack White
                Charlotte,NC
                North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Working...
                X