John Nemeth - Michiana Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Nemeth - Michiana Chapter

I Have received word that John Nemeth, a founding member of the Michiana Chapter has passed away. For details of the arrangements see http://www.zahoran.com/.

John, I and a hand full of other locals founded the Michiana Chapter in 1969. The chapter hosted the 1970 National Meet and he was a tireless worker. The last time I attended the Michiana Chapter Spring meet in May 2017 he was still working as a volunteer.

John never owned a show car and never won a trophy. He just loved the cars and the people who produced them. He grew up and still lived within walking distance of the plant and drove a Studebaker daily until the 1970"s.

John was a member of the committee that administered the Studebaker Museum Restoration Fund.

RIP John

Bob Aker

Comment

I also have known John since '72 when I joined the Michiana Chapter. We would visit Friday evenings at the Bendix Restaurant . He will be missed by all of us.

Comment

What a pleasant personality John had; he always had a smile and a greeting for those around him.

Our best to his family.

George
        george krem

Comment

Had many talks with JOHN and will miss him!

Comment

I have known John for over 40 years and have always recognized and appreciated his continuous long time devotion to the success of SDC and the Restoration Fund. He will be sorely missed. Rest In Peace John.

Stu Chapman

Comment

A good man who gave an enormous amount to SDC. RIP John.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

I never met John, but he sounds like we need more of his personality and dedication to SDC. Thoughts and prayers to his family. RIP John.

Bob Miles

Comment

My parents knew John from back in the 60s. I remember going to South Bend and it seemed like John lived in a closed hospital. It is odd after decades to look through these posts and see people I knew as a child. My mother passed away just 15 days before John.

Comment

'Should have posted to this thread long ago.

John was everything that has been posted above and more; a wonderful man and great asset to the Studebaker hobby and legacy. He is missed.

RIP, John. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                    X