Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worthwhile non-Automotive Read

On my son's advice, I just finished reading this non-fiction title:

This is an excellent read by a young man who is imminently qualified to write on the topic. He well-defines the phrase, "Been There, Done That." Insightful beyond what any "outsider" could hope to produce.

The book has been reviewed extensively, but don't go by any reviews you read. It doesn't take too long to read and provides a unique window into the topic.

Highly recommended. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Just ordered it for my Kindle. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by ndynis View Post
      Just ordered it for my Kindle. Thanks for the suggestion.
      Cool beans, Nick. Let me know what you think of it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Funny enough, I heard about the book because I read an Op-Ed piece that the author wrote for the New York Times. I stumbled on it completely by chance. I'd made a note to check out hillbilly elegy and it seems like the universe is sending me a gentle reminder. I'm new around this forum btw, just so I don't look like some random stranger commenting on your thread. Thanks for the book suggestion though, will definitely give it a read

Comment

Working...
        X