View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Burning Out a Pertronix Unit

Quote Originally Posted by wittsend View Post
    A lot of people think that because it is an "electronic" ignition, the Pertronix sends 12V positive to the coil - but that is incorrect. All the Pertronix does is electronically replicate what your points did, which is (temporarily) connect the coil to ground. Hence the coil should be used with whatever resistor it had originally. The coil resistor has (essentially) nothing to do with the Pertronix device itself.

Where people get into trouble is they will take the red,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Effects of R1 cam

Quote Originally Posted by PackardV8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 5brown1 View Post
    I'm trying to sort out some engine/automatic transmission issues and cannot find answers in my web/forum searches. The engine is a recently overhauled 289 which had a R1 camshaft and new valve springs installed. The engine was also bored .060 . The prior owner had the work done. So I have some questions. Life and engine performance require tradeoffs:

1. Will the camshaft require a higher idle speed over the stock 550 RPM? Idle seems rough at that RPM. Yes, the R1 increased
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. De-Chevyizing A 65 / 66 Stude

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Heermans View Post
    looking to see what it would take to replace a broken flathead 6 & 3spd from a 58 scotsman 4 door and install a small block chevy or BB & 5spd, besides having to install motor and trany mounts. Any takers? with out a frame change. Anyone got pics of this.

Jeff want to build a hot rod.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A fasteners pictorial register

Saving this thread about fasteners, with photos of the manual listing each one with a line drawing.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...orial-register
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Hello Everyone!

I just want to see who's out there in SDC-land and what Studebakers y'all have!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast