View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Loud engine noise - hammering

Before I pull the engine and transmission, I was hoping someone might be able to help me understand the source of this noise. It's a loud hammering sound that sounds like a main bearing failure. However, it diminishes significantly when I push in the clutch pedal. The previous owner mentioned to his daughter (she sold me the car) that the engine needed a shim or spacer? This is all I know and the previous owner has since passed away. The engine runs very smoothly. It was rebuilt with virtually no ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. First post! A Silver Hawk returns to the earth

A long time ago, there was a 1958 Silver Hawk in a local junkyard. I had first seen it in the early 1990s. Time went by and it remained, with parts disappearing from it slowly.

I had the naive idea that I could take it home and save it. Something is appealing to me about bring back cars that were never going to come back. It doesn't make financial sense, but it makes emotional sense to me. But too many projects, life, etc; I just let it go.

A few years back it began to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 1975 Packard Clipper parts

Quote Originally Posted by Boothguy View Post
    Just wondering if this car is green and has AC. If so it might be my uncles old car- the geography and timing fit
    Yes it is green and white. is a AC car. My customer has owned it for quite some time. They parked it 20 some years ago. The son is having me work on it now.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 1975 Packard Clipper parts

Quote Originally Posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
    In MN. Last time I checked, I had a nice black one on an upper shelf. I will need to check and advise.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you need any other parts?
    Have you had a chance to look to see if you have a hood? Thanks for looking.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Can Anyone Help me with this Blue Convertible?!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Convertible View Post
    I recently downloaded an old movie from the 50s with the some old Italian rally race as a backdrop to it's drama and among some of the great scenes was one especially where I thought I glimpsed an old '53 or '54 Champion convertible. I was always under the impression that only one or two prototypes were ever built and both were yellow with red interiors? Am I wrong and if so, I questioned my own sanity of what I prehaps saw or not in this movie and went back frame by frame until I was able to catch
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast