View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. trim

50 c cab inside of cab there ia a piece of black flat material about 3/4 wide it runs around both doors and is held in place by nails/ I think this held the roof and cab trim pieces in place what is this and where can I get some. it is not wind lace.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 1962 Hawk 289 with 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by chet445 View Post
    I think I may have figured out why this car is rough riding. I looked closely at the rear springs and discovered both rear shackles are touching the frame. Looking at the springs one is flat and the other has a reverse arch. There should be an arch; I have ordered new springs. I checked other comments about springs and determined new is the best way to go.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 50 c truck

inside the cab is some 1" widr material held in place by nails. this runs all around the door frame. what is it for and is it available?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Ardunallard

I have a 1957 Golden Hawk with a 289 cu. in. engine and McCulloch supercharger. Does anyone have a recommendation as to the best electric fuel pump for this application? The original shop manual says I need 6-7 psi but does not provide specifications as to gallons of fuel delivery per hour (I am assuming around 35 gallons per hour) nor does it indicate whether this has to be constant pressure. Most electric fuel pumps vary the psi even if rated between 5 to 7 pounds for example. I have had to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Studebaker 1958 Silver Hawk, 289 engine.

Have often a rattling sound coming from the front of my car, not following the speed of the engine. But the speed of the wheels... No loose brake springs or brake parts, the bearings and shock absorberes are almost new...Tried to remove the pre-heater unit between the first exhaust pipe and the manifold, at the rigth side, with a broken spring, but the noise, the rattling is still there. Goes more or less away when the engine gets hot. The rattling noise sounds like 2 spoons hit together, fast.. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast