View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. '63 Champ Pickup - 8E Champ-Transtar-Diesel Accessories Booklet

Click on the thumbnails to bring up the large images!

Updated 06-25-2016 at 06:49 PM by r1lark

Categories
    '63 Champ Pickup
  2. '63 Champ Pickup - Neat Champ Literature Items Part 1

Neat Champ Literature Items

Last updated 04-05-2009

No, this page is not really related to the restoration project - but I wanted to provide access to a few of the neat Champ literature items collected over the years. I hope they provide some enjoyment!

Updated 06-25-2016 at 06:51 PM by r1lark

Categories
    '63 Champ Pickup
  3. '63 Champ Pickup - Beginnings

Beginnings

My 1963 Studebaker Champ 8E5 truck was purchased a number of years ago - best I can figure right now, it was about 10 years ago. I actually knew of this truck 20 years ago after seeing an ad in the local ‘Trading Post’, but missed buying it by about 1 day. I soon found out that another Studebaker owner in Colfax had purchased it - he came by my house looking for a source for a piston. ...
    Categories
    '63 Champ Pickup
  4. '62 GT Hawk - Non-Progress Report June 25, 2016

A 'non-progress' report on the '62 GT Hawk. Between working a couple of days this week, and going to my Mom's for two days to do some plumbing work with my brother, not too much has happened on the Hawk. I did order a 0-1" ball anvil micrometer graduated in ten-thousands of a mil. This will allow me to measure the bearing shell thicknesses on the bearings. So, to verify bearing clearances, take the journal OD measurements with a mic; use the dial bore gauge to measure the bore without the bearings ...
    Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  5. '62 GT Hawk - Engine Reassembly Slow Down June 19, 2016

Update 6/19/2016: Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers on the forum!

Not a huge amount of progress to report, because I bought myself a Fathers Day present - a dial bore gauge. As mentioned earlier, I normally use snap (telescoping) gauges to measure the bearing IDs. But on a Stude V8, the required snap gauge (at least in my Starrett set) for the main bearings has a lot of tension so I worry about scratching the bearing surface, plus it takes me a number of measurements ...
    Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast