View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. '62 GT Hawk - Engine Reassembly June 15, 2016

Update Wednesday June 15: Back on the engine reassembly. The machine work was done a number of years ago, but I'm going back and verifying all the clearances and measurements. Today I got the crankshaft unbagged and re-measured the main and rod journals. Put the crank in my high tech wooden crank holder to do the measurements:
    Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  2. '62 GT Hawk - Exhaust Manifolds

Short entry this time........blasted and coated the exhaust manifolds.

I like the Eastwood coating for the exhaust manifolds. They can be 'pre-cured' in an oven, but I have to wait for a day that my wife will be gone until the evening to do that :
    Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  3. '62 GT Hawk - Fuel Pump Rebuild June 12, 2016

The car is up on the rotisserie so I can clean up the underside and touch up the undercoating......soon.
    I did get the fuel pump rebuilt this week, glad for small steps forward at least. Here are some pics:

Used a kit from Then & Now Automotive, a few minor items that took a little work but all in all a really good kit..........

Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  4. '62 GT Hawk - Transmission Rebuild

Finally getting around to the transmission rebuild. Got the outside cleaned up a couple of months ago, and have researched parts sources and studied the Shop Manual. Today’s task was to scab up a copy of the factory Kent-Moore fixture for holding the tranny case upside down on the workbench:

Still trying to decide whether to have the existing Hydrovac rebuilt (or rebuild it myself),

Updated 06-25-2016 at 07:00 PM by r1lark

Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  5. '62 GT Hawk - Power Steering, Engine Bay Freshening, & Misc Items

The steering box inspection and reseal is complete, and has been reinstalled. Box was in very good condition inside, so cleaning, new grease seal, detailing, and adjustments per the Shop Manual was all it needed. The power steering control valve was also disassembled and new seals installed. The power steering ram seems to have been replaced sometime in the past and showed no signs of leakage, so it was just cleaned up and painted, as was the power steering pump. Both these items are relatively ...

Updated 06-25-2016 at 06:57 PM by r1lark

Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast