View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 1925 ER Help

Hello Studebaker enthusiasts!
    I am a new SDC member after I recently bought my first vintage car. It is a 1925 Studebaker Standard Six model ER Sedan. The car is original and in good condition. I just got the old girl running after some minor repairs. When I took her for a short sin around town, I found a vibration at about 30 MPH. The rear rag U joint was shot. I can make one out of modern materials but would like to keep it as close to the way the Studebaker workers made it over 90 years ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 1956 Swoops on K Bodies

Quote Originally Posted by studegary View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brngarage View Post
    I have a driver's side door I removed from a '56 Sky Hawk parts car to use on my '53 Commander Starliner. At that time, I didn't realize there was a difference, but I can tell you for certain; the Sky Hawk door has the "short swoop" like the '56 Golden Hawk. I have since purchased a correct ('54) door for my '53, so the Sky Hawk door is now for sale.
    Thanks, that means that the Sky Hawk prototype on page 2 of this month's Turning Wheels had a 1953-1955 door with the long
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 55 259 blowing oil out of the oil filler

I have a 54 Commander with a 55 engine that was recently rebuilt at a local performance center in Monroe, WA. I installed an aluminum valley pan with a pcv valve. No breathers in the aluminum valve cover. Only the oil filler in front of the intake has a stock breather.
    The machanical fuel pump and pushrod have been removed. Unless I drive it very easy, very easy, everything under the hood gets an oil bath. I've waisted the summer trying to figure our a cure. Any help would be appreciated! ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. New Toy! 1963 Wagonaire Daytona

Quote Originally Posted by ndynis View Post
    Absolutely ALL 1964 through 1966 Wagonaires, fixed roof or sliding roof, are welcome at the Registry! The sliding roof models have some unique issues that the fixed roof models don't have but all are welcome.
    Nick
    Tags: wagonaire Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Master Mechanic Carter AFB and WCFB Jet Size and Rebuild Information

Quote Originally Posted by SScopelli View Post
    I found a PDF with some great AFB/WCFB information such as Jet and Rod Sizes, as well as a modification for the 3507 Supercharged AFB.

It was pretty big so I just built one with Studebaker concerns. As you can see it also has info for other OEMs that used the AFB in the 60's

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_w...ew?usp=sharing

This is my google drive

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast