View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. '62 GT Hawk - Trunk Mat and Spare Tire/Jack

I dug out the spare tire & jack, and put them in the car. Tire is a U.S. Royal wide white; don’t know if it could be one of the original tires from South Bend or not. Also reinstalled the cardboard divider between the trunk and passenger compartment.Wiped off the original truck mat and spare tire mat and installed those also, more to get them into a place where they won’t get damaged. The mat is not vinyl like some of the Studebaker reproductions, but more of a woven material, so I'm hesitant ...

Updated 06-25-2016 at 03:45 PM by r1lark

Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  2. '62 GT Hawk - Floorboard Cleaning/Painting

Progress report Jan 11, 2013.............
    Got the surface rust cleaned off the floorboards, primed with Rustoleum rusty metal primer, then topcoated with some Wimbledon White paint from DupliColor. The Wimbledon White is a somewhat close match to the Ermine White, good enough match at least for the floorboards. Pics are below. It's amazing how much sealer was slathered on at the factory. As you can see, I did not want to scrape all the sealer off, nor was I wanting to paint every little spot ...

Updated 06-25-2016 at 03:45 PM by r1lark

Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  3. '62 GT - Neat Glovebox Stuff

here are some really neat things that were in the glovebox of this GT.................. The car was listed on the window sticker as being delivered to Studebaker-National City in California, and indicates that this was the San Diego Retail Store. The car was actually sold at Best Imports in La Mesa. The Sales Agreement is interesting in that the salesman used the wrong serial number (in the field that says 'Motor Number')........but note that the price on the Sales Agreement is exactly the same ...

Updated 06-25-2016 at 03:46 PM by r1lark

Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  4. '62 GT Hawk - Awakening after a Long Slumber

Not quite a 'barn find', but a 'basement' find .

Got this GT that has been sitting covered up in a heated dry basement since the mid-'80s (that's the 1980s for you young'uns). Disassembly was begun for paint, then the project got put on the back burner because of newly acquired projects.
    Car came from California to Greensboro NC in the late '70s or early '80s, still in the hands of the original owner. The Hydrovac went bad and it ingested brake fluid into the engine causing ...

Updated 06-25-2016 at 03:46 PM by r1lark

Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930