View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. '62 GT Hawk - Brakes and Front Suspension

Brakes assembled and on the car; set the rear axle end play; hooked up emergency brake cables; installed the front hub races, greased the wheel bearings, installed the inner seals, and installed the front brake drums. The cunifer brake line tubing and fittings arrived last week from Fedhill (http://store.fedhillusa.com/) so I've got the needed materials for the brake lines.

Updated 06-25-2016 at 07:59 PM by r1lark

Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  2. '62 GT Hawk - More Suspension

Got the bushings pressed into the upper and lower control arms, pictures are below. Finished up kingpin/spindle assembly (bushings, bearings, shim adjustment) today, and sprayed a light coating of primer on them.

The prep and paint on the backing plates (and rest of the suspension components shown) is pretty minimal -- degrease, sandblast, and paint with Satin Black VHT Epoxy Chassis Paint. Here's a link, I've been getting it at Advance Auto: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...aint_7141585-p ...

Updated 06-25-2016 at 04:44 PM by r1lark

Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  3. '62 GT Hawk - Suspension

Finished up blasting & painting a lot of smaller suspension and brake items this weekend – brake backing plates, front suspension control arms, control arm shafts, brake drums, etc. Will put the inner bushings on the control arms tonight. With the snow we are getting here today (only inches here, not feet like some areas are getting), and the fact that I don’t have any projects in the middle of execution right now at work (currently in budget and planning mode), I may decide to work from ...

Updated 06-25-2016 at 04:45 PM by r1lark

Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  4. '62 GT Hawk - Trunk Mat and Spare Tire/Jack

I dug out the spare tire & jack, and put them in the car. Tire is a U.S. Royal wide white; don’t know if it could be one of the original tires from South Bend or not. Also reinstalled the cardboard divider between the trunk and passenger compartment.Wiped off the original truck mat and spare tire mat and installed those also, more to get them into a place where they won’t get damaged. The mat is not vinyl like some of the Studebaker reproductions, but more of a woven material, so I'm hesitant ...

Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  5. '62 GT Hawk - Floorboard Cleaning/Painting

Progress report Jan 11, 2013.............
    Got the surface rust cleaned off the floorboards, primed with Rustoleum rusty metal primer, then topcoated with some Wimbledon White paint from DupliColor. The Wimbledon White is a somewhat close match to the Ermine White, good enough match at least for the floorboards. Pics are below. It's amazing how much sealer was slathered on at the factory. As you can see, I did not want to scrape all the sealer off, nor was I wanting to paint every little spot ...

Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast