View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. '62 GT Hawk - Engine Reassembly Slow Down June 19, 2016

Update 6/19/2016: Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers on the forum!

Not a huge amount of progress to report, because I bought myself a Fathers Day present - a dial bore gauge. As mentioned earlier, I normally use snap (telescoping) gauges to measure the bearing IDs. But on a Stude V8, the required snap gauge (at least in my Starrett set) for the main bearings has a lot of tension so I worry about scratching the bearing surface, plus it takes me a number of measurements ...
    Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  2. '62 GT Hawk - Engine Reassembly June 15, 2016

Update Wednesday June 15: Back on the engine reassembly. The machine work was done a number of years ago, but I'm going back and verifying all the clearances and measurements. Today I got the crankshaft unbagged and re-measured the main and rod journals. Put the crank in my high tech wooden crank holder to do the measurements:
    Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  3. '62 GT Hawk - Exhaust Manifolds

Short entry this time........blasted and coated the exhaust manifolds.

I like the Eastwood coating for the exhaust manifolds. They can be 'pre-cured' in an oven, but I have to wait for a day that my wife will be gone until the evening to do that :
    Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  4. '62 GT Hawk - Fuel Pump Rebuild June 12, 2016

The car is up on the rotisserie so I can clean up the underside and touch up the undercoating......soon.
    I did get the fuel pump rebuilt this week, glad for small steps forward at least. Here are some pics:

Used a kit from Then & Now Automotive, a few minor items that took a little work but all in all a really good kit..........

Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
  5. '62 GT Hawk - Transmission Rebuild

Finally getting around to the transmission rebuild. Got the outside cleaned up a couple of months ago, and have researched parts sources and studied the Shop Manual. Today’s task was to scab up a copy of the factory Kent-Moore fixture for holding the tranny case upside down on the workbench:

Still trying to decide whether to have the existing Hydrovac rebuilt (or rebuild it myself),

Updated 06-25-2016 at 07:00 PM by r1lark

Categories
    '62 GT Hawk
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast