View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Why fender weights on front of Lark convertibles.

Can anyone explain the reason for the massive weights bolted down low under the front fenders of Lark convertibles. I've seen them on all year models from 1960 thru 1963 at least. It seems a faulty design to add 60 to 80 lbs of dead weight onto a vehicle that's is supposedly designed to be an economical vehicle.
    If their presence is of engineering design, then why are they only on convertibles?
  2. 57 hawk flex plate bolts

I recently moved from Indiana to Virginia and left engine in shop to be rebuilt. Once I transferred rebuilt engine to Virginia
    I went to install flex plate, converter etc only to find out flex plate bolts have to be installed when crankshaft is installed because there is not enough space to install flex plate bolts from the engine or crank out. Is there aa way to install flex plate bolts from the inside out without removing engine parts that are already done ????
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 62 Champ 1/2 ton needs shocks

After about a ten years rest in the yard, Champ is back on the road. He needs shocks in the worst way. Is there any newer shocks now being used?

Thanks
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Rear end rocomendations

Hi everyone. My rear axle on my 55 studebaker e7 pickup is completely rusted out. I am looking for an easy replacement. It doesn't matter if it's a chevy or a Ford or even an aftermarket. But it needs to be replaced and on a budget. Any recommendations would help. Thank you for the help. It is greatly appreciated
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Temperature Gauge Creep - has anyone experienced this?

Good morning.
    With the 63 Lark v8, I experience slow temperature gauge creep towards the "H" when sitting in traffic or even the fast-food drive in. The thermostat must be working because the car heats up normally, and also doesn't overheat like it would if the thermostat was broken. I believe I have enough coolant, and there are no leaks.
    And when i start driving again, the needle slowly creeps back to the midpoint between "C" and "H".
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast