View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 1960 Hawk - Donut has a hole in it

My son and I are looking at 1960 Hawk to purchase. Nephew of owner says exhaust "donut" has a hole/leak in it that goes away after car warms up. Can anyone enlighten us to what is a "donut" in the exhaust system? How hard to source and replace? I am not familiar with the term "donut" except with coffee.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 1960 Hawk - Adding Seatbelts, front and rear

Does anyone have any experience with adding seat belts to a 1960 Hawk, both front and rear. Any comments or advice would be appreciated as to problems, source for them?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 1960 Hawk - Missing Trim Piece

My son and I are looking at buying a 1960 Hawk in MN. On the rear fin, toward the front of the fin are three small chrome nearly vertical pieces of decoration. One is missing. I need to know what they are called and even a part number to buy a replacement. Can anyone help me source this chrome trim?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Avanti R2

Just purchased a 63 Avanti R2 with 4 speed trans . It seems like its geared like a old time truck when I get it up to 60 mph the tach is 3500 rpm Is this normal ?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Searching for original owner.

I recently bot a 1949 Studebaker PU, modified to a 1988 Chevy S10 4x4 chassis. Was listed on E-Bay by fellow in Ruidosa, N.M.. later got with him and made purchase. He said purchased the truck in Omaha, Ne., flew there and drove it home. Think he got this truck about 2014, then sold it to me this past summer. The truck has been put together good so would not think a complete first timer did it. Also think probably a member of Studebaker Drivers Club. The N.M owner said he had deleted name and could ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast