PDA

View Full Version : Help on 53 coupe Windlace

Flashback
12-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Can anyone give me first hand experience on closely matching windlace and headliner for
my 53 C body, with scarlet red vinyl interior? Any info on where to get material and
advice would be appreciated.

ralt12
12-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Try the technical pages here: http://www.raylinrestoration.com/
They do a great job of explaining removal and installation of windlace and headliners.

Flashback
12-08-2010, 08:11 PM
I was hoping someone could tell me where they bought the headliner and windlace.

rockne10
12-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Mine was the gray cloth interior and I got it from René when he still owned Phantom. I would suspect Phantom or Southeast would both have a match.

http://southeaststudebaker.com/

http://www.phantomstudebakers.com/

Eugene
12-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Flashback look at this site.

sales1@kanter.com

973-334-9575
800-526-1096
Fax: 973-334-5423

Mon-Fri: 8:30 am - 8:00 pm
Sat: 9:00-2:00 EST

Kanter Auto Products
76 Monroe St.
Boonton, NJ 07005 U.S.A

Hope this helps you out.
If you Google it you can see if thay have what you need.
Thay have more than interior items. Gene.

Flashback
12-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the leads. I will see what I can find. Has anyone used the woven plastic part #801673 From Studebaker International?

Eugene
12-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Can't say I have used the woven plastic parts. Did you google the name of the Kanter Auto Products, thay sell parts for all makes of Studbakers and poducts of and the colors to carpet head liners seats and dash windlace,,Gene.

Flashback
12-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Thanks everyone for the replys. I did google Kanter, and didn't see what I wanted. However,
I did order a catalogue. Thanks. Eugene. Don't we have someone on the forum that sells
upholstery? I haven't searched lately. Anyone replaced any 53 weatherstip lately and know
what I am talking about. Is the extra witdth tab and the nylon woven material common on
these cars? Ftom all info the interior on my car was the original.

JDP
12-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks everyone for the replys. I did google Kanter, and didn't see what I wanted. However,
I did order a catalogue. Thanks. Eugene. Don't we have someone on the forum that sells
upholstery? I haven't searched lately. Anyone replaced any 53 weatherstip lately and know
what I am talking about. Is the extra witdth tab and the nylon woven material common on
these cars? Ftom all info the interior on my car was the original.

I can supply the headliner but not not the windlace. SI makes the closest to factory, but even there's is not a perfect match to the early stuff.

Flashback
12-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks, John. Is the headliner you sell close to the factory scarlet red vinyl ? What does it cost,
and how much is shipping to 36092 ? If you perfer you can send me a pm or tell me to contact
you at a business, or here on the forum, don't matter to me. Is the close S I windlacing the one
the advetise for the Lark ? what #. Thanks, Tex

T-CAB
12-12-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm not aware of any firm that makes the correct style plastic woven windlace like the original. The one's that I have bought were woven cloth that were too thick and does not have any extra attaching strip attached like the original. I'm surprise that no one make the correct material as it was used on most makes of cars from the late '50's. I believe that Chrysler products used that exact windlace. I think you can by the correct size rubber from Metro molded rubber (at least you used to) and have an upholstry shop sew some cloth onto it along with a tack strip.

t-cab