New to owning a Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to owning a Studebaker

I just purchased a '63 Lark sedan that needs some help before it can go back on the road. It needs a clutch and related parts, plus a starter motors as this one does not aleays engage. needs front and rear bumpers and possibly a trunk lid. has a decent interior and has around 55,000 miles on it. I am a Hudson person but realize there are other great cars out there so that is why I now have this Studebaker. I plan on joining the Studebaker owners club. Hope to join a local chapter as well. Wish me luck on my new project. Thanks.

Congrats! and good luck!
    Dean Seavers
    Sacramento, CA

Comment

Welcome again to the forum! Here is a list of vendors that can help you in finding parts:

I personally have had good success finding parts both through the local chapter contacts & on the "
      Studebaker Swap" website, a great resource also for new & used parts & you too can place an ad for parts you need. No charge too for that either!

59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Hudsons are nice. My Grandfather had a Hornet, and Gram had a Lark wagon. We won't hold yours against you. There is a link on the Studebaker Driver's Club main page that has shortcuts to a number of suppliers. We enjoy possibly the best supply of new, rebuilt and NOS parts of any classic, orphaned marque. Many of our members have several different brands of classics in their stables. So, welcome to our brand of madness. Having a Hudson, you should fit right in!
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by hudsonrules View Post
          I just purchased a '63 Lark sedan that needs some help before it can go back on the road. It needs a clutch and related parts, plus a starter motors as this one does not aleays engage. needs front and rear bumpers and possibly a trunk lid. has a decent interior and has around 55,000 miles on it. I am a Hudson person but realize there are other great cars out there so that is why I now have this Studebaker. I plan on joining the Studebaker owners club. Hope to join a local chapter as well. Wish me luck on my new project. Thanks.
          The starter might just need cleaning, a new bendix (starter drive) and brushes. If you have a local starter/generator/alternator shop, they could probably test it and repair it for you. Or, you could send it off to one of us vendors. As for the bumpers, Studebaker International might have some NOS left, or not. We have NOS and used trunk lids. Clutch pressure plate, disc, throw out bearing, pilot bushing, would need to know engine and tranny in car, ie., 6 or 8 cylinder. Assume it is a 3 speed on the column, with/wo Over Drive?

PM me and I'll see if we can help with your issues.
          Last edited by Bo Markham; 03-24-2017, 10:31 AM.
          Bo

Comment

Welcome to the world of Studebakers. You will find one of the world's strongest owners clubs around and answers to your questions from members on this forum. Here you will find many like minded Lark lovers who can help with your specific model and year along with knowledgeable owners regardless of which model they own. I own a 1959 Regal Hardtop with the 289 V8 and have received much help on this forum. It is very advisable to get a work shop manual before working on the car. Congratulations on your new collectable. You can also check the Studebaker Swap Page on line for parts as well as Studebaker International and our Studebaker Vendors just to name a few. Have fun!

Comment

Working...
            X