1966 Door rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Door rubber

Is the door rubber on the 1966 cars the same as the 1964-65 cars.
    Somewhere I read that Studebaker started using Chevy door rubber on the 1966 cars.
    It may have been only on the last few cars.
    Is there any difference ?
    Robert Kapteyn

Wow, I can't image how any Chevy rubber would work on a Studebaker. It sounds like a myth.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I would think '64,65,66 would be identical.
      Check with SI or another vendor's website.

Comment

It would seem odd to have a specific molded part replaced with one specifically molded for another car. Likely a rumor..., but if they came up short on the closing cars and something from a Chevy would have fit..,, maybe, but not likely. The portion of the molding that spreads out near the wind windows seems like a very specific Studebaker design.

That said, as a card carrying CASO I have used the door moldings from the first generation Mazda MPV (RWD version) with some degree of success. Even though they were nearing 15 years old at the time they were in good condition and at $3 each t Pick A Part ... .

Not sure if you were just curious, - or looking for a lower cost replacement.
        Attached Files
        '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

My 66 Daytona was built within the last 30 days of production & the weatherstrips all look like all my other Studes. MYTH for sure!
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Same as 64, 65
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

What they improved was the Window "Fuzz strips" on the later '66's.
              And NO they did not use the SAME as another make, just similar. They are Felt impregnated Rubber not "Cat Whiskers".
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                What they improved was the Window "Fuzz strips" on the later '66's.
                And NO they did not use the SAME as another make, just similar. They are Felt impregnated Rubber not "Cat Whiskers".
                Right, Rich.

Actually, I believe that started in the middle of the 1965 model year, and on all 1966 models. My '65 Cruiser, which is a later car has them.

Craig

Comment

My 80 year old brain remembered about the rubber on the 1966 models was different. It turns out to be the cat whisker type seals.
                  Thanks to all for clearing this up
                  Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Working...
                  X