Brake cable for GT Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Brake cable for GT Hawk

Anyone know of a universal brake cable that will fit the rear on a dana 44 in the 62-64 hawk gts?

Did you check Facebook and Chris Skinner of the Studebaker of Australia site? If you need NOS, they had many cables posted for sale on April 15, 2016.

Bill L.
    Last edited by 56GH; 03-21-2017, 10:27 AM. Reason: Added info
    Bill L.
    1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Studebaker International shows 533065 for '54 - '64 C-K models equipped with drum brakes for $69.95. If for a '63 - '64 Hawk with front disc brakes, and thus different rear drum brakes, they list 1558238 for $72.00. These prices seem quite reasonable for a complex assembly, so I don't think making one up would save you any money. Page 256 in current catalog.

Comment

I'd go for the available replacements, rather than fussing with a universal kit, half the time they bust on installation, or you have some mickey mouse end that doesn't fit the lever in the rear brake shoes. In an "emergency" (pun intended) some stainless stranded cable from Home Depot can be fished through the housings and clamped with cable clamps.

Comment

I ordered the cable and brake shoe retaining clips from Si yesterday.

Comment

This fellow used to have many cables. Don't know if he is still in business though. George Martin, 717-598-7874. Lebanon, PA

Comment

Working...
            X