Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2007 SDC Roster....

....is online...

Yumpu releases magazines, documents and catalogs on the internet. Publish for free. Gain new readers and costumers worldwide.

Wow.. who did this?
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

I'm more curious as to why the header / page title says "Florida Big Bend Chapter". The Big Bend Chapter doesn't even have a website.

Between the 10 year old roster and pages of Ed Reynolds' catalog being scanned, I'd bet there are some copyright violations going on.

Comment

The entire SDC Membership Roster is Copyrighted as well as the entire SI Catalog.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

And, who asked if the members listed in the Roster agreed to this 10 years ago.

Comment

I went to the site, and if it does not enlarge anymore on other computers than it does mine, few folks will hang around and squint trying to make use of it. My name is there, but the data being that old, is as much an obituary list as a member list.

Shucks, there's much larger concerns getting hacked and your data being blasted across the world than any useful info from this obscure site. Like Google, Yahoo, State Revenue services, Target, military services, hospitals, and every credit card in your wallet.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Hold your hats.. the 2005 Roster is online also. Appears to be from a different source...

64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Wow. privacy concerns abound.

Scary to think of having one's flock of cars listed in the roster just to become some unscrupulous character's shopping/target list on the internet....

Comment

Originally posted by 4jc8z View Post
                Wow. privacy concerns abound.

Scary to think of having one's flock of cars listed in the roster just to become some unscrupulous character's shopping/target list on the internet....
                All of mine are for sale and I welcome any and all inquiries.

Comment

Do we have any Board members here who'd care to comment on this? I'd think it ought to be a pretty big deal.
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

The 2005 list has my 55 Conestoga and my 51 Business Coupe listed still have em.
                    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I agree that some input from the board would be nice. Suggest we each contact our own board member.

I am not on the board, but was at one of the times when this matter was discussed. The rosters clearly state that reproduction of the contents is prohibited, so the posters of these rosters have violated SDC's copyright. That said, there are no federal copyright storm troopers that enforce copyright law. Enforcement is achieved by suing the offending party. Both SDC and any one of the members whose privacy was violated would have standing to sue. And they would win. And probably be awarded compensatory damages by the court. But collecting might be a problem.

I have occasionally be accused of living under a rock, so I'm not surprised that I haven't heard of either of the organizations that posted our rosters. Is anyone else familiar with these people? If not, then probably they have no assets, so the damage award would be meaningless. And the illegally posted rosters would still be out there.
                      Skip Lackie

Comment

Seems like we could file copyright claims with C&D letters to get these removed.

I also just found the 2009 TW Index on Google Books.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Folks this is a very serious matter and while many here think the Board is asleep it is not. Action is and will be taken against anyone who has violated our copyright and warnings of republishing this roster or others without the Board's permission. They are not asleep at the switch on this one. Hope this helps as I too am listed in there along with my brother, brother-in-law and many others I know.
                          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Interesting, especially since the Google link clearly shows " copyrighted material" on each page. Looks like Google owes some $$$.

Comment

First link is dead, second one isn't.

It's good to see some action on this!!!

StudeDave '57
                              StudeDave '57
                              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                              SDC Member since 1985

past President
                              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President