SC studebaker mechanic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC studebaker mechanic?

Hi again,can anyone reccommend someone near Greenville,SC to install new valve guides in a 1951 champion 6 engine?This is a low milage rebuild that has sat for nearly 30 years.I wont be using it but would like to fire it before I remove it from my 53.When I bought the car I mystery oiled everything to free it up(it was stuck)then bumped it by hand without plugs installed thinking it was freeing up the valves.After I got it turning well by hand I found no compression on 4 cylinders.Head removal showed 2 valves that were very slow and two that had pulled the valve guides from the block.Got the two slow ones moving well now but lack the knowledge (and probably tools) to knurl the valve guides in.Otherwise this engine is clean inside and shows less than 2000 miles since proffessional rebuild.Any help is GREATLY appreciated.Thanks,Steve
    sigpic

You can try Cathcarts Studebaker at www.cathcartsstudebaker.com Their located in Conn, a bit far from you but, maybe they know of someone in SC or can even give you some help with your trouble. They deal with the Champion 6 so maybe they can help. Good luck..

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

Thanks,I have followed up on all the suggestions recieved through this post and have now come to the realization that a new engine is my best alternative.Sad,but must happen.Thanks again,Steve
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X