Calm before the storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calm before the storm

Cold but clear today, with a snowstorm expected tomorrow night.
    This morning I installed the newly rebuilt heater control I picked up in York , and was able to back the car out and run it up to temp, check for leaks and top off the coolant . All good.
    I found the last piece I needed for my fog light install at York, and put them on today. I also changed the round bumper bolts on the ends of my back bumper with the rectangular ones. I resisted the temptation to go for a drive, my road is white from all the salt they laid down Friday.
    Getting spring fever, but still have a month of winter to go.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1210.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1753716 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1212.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	1753717
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Beautiful Studebaker Dwight!
    Love the fog light install, and they work!
    I remember going round and round with the the NJ DMV inspectors on fog light operation on factory fog lights on a 1949 Chrysler New Yorker. They insisted the fog lights only operate with the low beams on and had to automatically go out when high beams were activated.
    They won.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Nice car for sure .. I also been wanting to go for a cruise but I cant even get to the door of the garage here as we got so much snow this year .. Its going to be at least another month for sure
      Love my Lark

Comment

Little windy in Minnesota .

Comment

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.
          Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
          Kenmore, Washington
          hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
          '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
          '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
          '69 Pontiac Firebird
          (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Great looking Stude, and I really like those factory fog lamps!

Comment

Just the opposite problem here. Weather is so nice that I can't find time to work on the Stude because it's more fun to drive it.
              Hope your weather gets better soon so that you can have a some of my problem.
              sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
              1950 Champion Convertible
              1950 Champion 4Dr
              1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
              1957 Thunderbird

Comment

We're gearing up for 12-18 inches here but even at half that everything around here comes to a screeching halt.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                  Great looking Stude, and I really like those factory fog lamps!
                  Good to see a favorable comment about the fog lights. When I put a set on my '53 many years ago everyone said they said were ugly!
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1255.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1712933Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1212.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	1712931
                    Glad I was able to get the car out Sunday for testing. The forecasted snow came in on Tuesday. What a difference a couple of days make!
                    Attached Files
                    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                      Beautiful Studebaker Dwight!
                      Love the fog light install, and they work!
                      I remember going round and round with the the NJ DMV inspectors on fog light operation on factory fog lights on a 1949 Chrysler New Yorker. They insisted the fog lights only operate with the low beams on and had to automatically go out when high beams were activated.
                      They won.
                      I had the same problem (with the same result) with the DC inspection station. For many years, the Feds had a rule that if a vehicle was equipped with any type of auxiliary lamps, the parking/clearance lights and tail lights had to go on at the same time. This was for safety, and most of the old time fog light kits told you to wire them that way. But in the 1980s. a lot of car companies started adding factory fog lights that only worked with low beams. Since they were FOG lights, this made sense. The Feds issued new regs that required this wiring in new cars with fog lights, but it was NOT retroactive to older vehicles wired according to the older reg (which also still applied to high-beam auxiliary lamps). As usual, inspection personnel are not hired for their IQ, and can only learn one rule at a time. Their approach is that any rule that applies to modern vehicles must apply to all.
                      Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                        Good to see a favorable comment about the fog lights. When I put a set on my '53 many years ago everyone said they said were ugly!
                        Paul that still has not changed, they are but to each their own. I always made more money selling them than using them.
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Working...
                        X