Update on my '55 President State Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my '55 President State Sedan

Over the past few years I have posted several pictures and asked many questions about my project. Those who have some interest in 1955 sedans have seen it several times and have been kind with their comments. The restoration or whatever title it deserves (I have always called it a project) is getting toward the finishing stages. My goal is to drive it to the South Central Zone meet here in Tulsa in middle May.

In the past week the rear bumper and gravel guard were installed. The climatizer and hoses were installed but have a leak or two which will need to be addressed. The antenna and radio were the last things to be installed. Since the radio doesn't work it is basically just filling the hole. The shot of the interior demonstrates well the effect a flash can have on the displayed colors. The Mist Greige Metallic interior trim can be seen on the left door. The padded dash and the trim on the right door are the same colors but have a gold tint to them in the picture.

The antenna turned out to be harder to install than I had anticipated. Wires were in the way of allowing the shaft from going up through fender. They had o be rerouted. My wife, Pat came out to the garage about the time I needed another set of hands and helped me. Rene had suggested searing the edges of the carpet to keep it from unraveling. I cut the hole through kick panel with a pencil soldering iron for the antenna knob.

The front grill is down at Jerry Forester's as well as a couple other pieces being chrome plated. I am getting pretty excited about this home stretch. I may start putting some updates on the forum as the end is getting nearer. I have been working on the project for just shy of seven years.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9155.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	1753713Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9164.JPG
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	1753714Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9137.JPG
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	1753715Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9164.JPG
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	1753714

Very nice work, very well done but PLEASE tell me the RED Interior in the Turquoise car is just a prototype for fit check of the Real Green Interior.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The Saginaw green color got the Mist greige metallic interior and the Rangoon red carpet

Comment

A member in the Hamilton Chpt. Has a 55 President sedan,lower trim level & per . Him was special order model, it is my favourite amoung his collection & one of the best looking sedans I have seen.

Comment

Looking good! Nice work.
          Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Great work. Please continue to share your progress.
            1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Thanks for sharing your excitement with us. It is kinda contagious you know. As I've said often, they are never finished...however, you will transition from the restoration/project stage, to the maintenance stage.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Beautiful work!
                Man, it's nice to kick back and watch someone else work. LOL

Comment

Working...
                X