1963 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Hawk

There is a 1963 Hawk currently on ebay that has a smoothed trunk lid. The seller said that a lot of '63's had that trunk lid. I have never seen one. I think it is a '64 lid.

Who's right!

T-Cab

Originally posted by T-CAB View Post
    There is a 1963 Hawk currently on ebay that has a smoothed trunk lid. The seller said that a lot of '63's had that trunk lid. I have never seen one. I think it is a '64 lid.

Who's right!

T-Cab
    Link to the auction you are referring to?
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

Looks like a 64 trunk to me.

Comment

If you look at the grille it has a 64 emblem and the dash looks like a 64. I contacted the seller and he said he's seen 63 like this. The VIN is a 63 number so I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by LovelandJoe View Post
            If you look at the grille it has a 64 emblem and the dash looks like a 64.
            Its definitely a '63 grille and (early)'63 dash.

Craig

Comment

Nah Craig the 64 had the S hood ornament 63 had an embossed hawk on the top of the grille

Comment

Originally posted by LovelandJoe View Post
                Nah Craig the 64 had the S hood ornament 63 had an embossed hawk on the top of the grille
                Agreed on the collar being a '64, but not the grille & emblem itself, or the side grilles.

Craig

Comment

Seller is a classic car dealer and knows nothing about Studebaker's as we have found out in the past and either says what they are told or think they have hear in the past, that is what it is and us that know the difference have an advantage over people that don't.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

If you could buy that car for the current $5,100.00 bid, you could get close to half of it back by selling that rare '64 Trunklid, but of course you would need a '57 to '63 Lid.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hard to say what replacement parts went on a 50+ year old car. The large front park lights, dash and VIN all indicates it is a very early '63 GT so I would guess the trunk lid has been changed at some time. I wouldn't be surprised if a few late production '63 GTs might have gotten the '64 trunk lid though, Studebaker was known to be resourceful when using parts on cars being built.

Comment

Looks like a Bondo filled 1963 trunk lid to me.
                        Probably could not ind a good overlay and liked the 1964.
                        1963 tail lights , dash , side grilles!
                        Last edited by rkapteyn; 03-12-2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

64 trunk lid is available in fiberglass not 2500 bucks either!!!!!

It always seems a GT Hawk repaint they forget to black out behind the lower part of the grille. Also they usually remove the metal black out plates behind the side grilles.
                          Bez Auto Alchemy
                          573-318-8948
                          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

What's with the rust/flaking paint on the underside, rear of the bonnet?

Comment

This appears to be an early 1963 Hawk with a '64 trunk lid: (1) Early '63 parking lamps, early '63 dash & side uph. panels (aluminum, rather than woodgrain). Note the 4 holes in the hood behind the grille. Apparently, the hood had a '56-61 grille installed on it at some point. Bear in mind that the hood would fit only a '63-4 Hawk.
                              -Dwight FitzSimons

Comment

Working...
                              X