PDA

View Full Version : Coral CK on Trailer in Southwest

clarkwd
03-05-2017, 08:22 PM
A friend is vacationing somewhere in the southwest and sent me this picture of a hardtop on a trailer. Pretty Sharp!
Bill

StudeRich
03-05-2017, 08:29 PM
Interesting. :cool: I wonder what might be going on with the center of that bumper?
Looks like a Metal Plate of some kind, as WIDE as a European Lic. Plate but may just be a custom bracket for a Lic. Plate.

Too bad they were not stopped so you could talk. :(

S2Deluxe
03-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Interesting. :cool: I wonder what might be going on with the center of that bumper?
Looks like a Metal Plate of some kind, as WIDE as a European Lic. Plate but may just be a custom bracket for a Lic. Plate.

Too bad they were not stopped so you could talk. :(

To me it looks like the stock rear bumper, with the center guard removed and the license plate lights installed directly on it. A custom touch sometimes used to achieve cleaner look as well as the removal of the emblems latch and handle.

Mark

JimK
03-05-2017, 10:09 PM
Looks like someone added side marker lights (one by the gas filler, another is perhaps at the front of the front fender), so the otherwise stock appearance could be hiding almost anything.

Dwain G.
03-05-2017, 11:55 PM
License mounting surface was extra wide back then to accommodate the pre-1956 California plates.

candbstudebakers
03-06-2017, 01:19 AM
post says southwest? look at the snow on the front of the truck or car taking the picture.

Sagandaga
03-06-2017, 05:24 AM
This has been for sale for quite a while, it is the one with the Hemi. http://www.oldcaronline.com/1953-Studebaker-Regal%20Coupe-Berthoud-Colorado-for-sale-ID746169.htm

57pack
03-06-2017, 07:29 AM
Wow! Someone sure put a whole bunch time and effort on that buggy!
Came together very nicely, hope he got the money he was asking.

S2Deluxe
03-06-2017, 10:02 AM
A friend is vacationing somewhere in the southwest and sent me this picture of a hardtop on a trailer. Pretty Sharp!
Bill

It must have been on its way to its new home?

Mark

clarkwd
03-06-2017, 10:58 AM
post says southwest? look at the snow on the front of the truck or car taking the picture.

All I knew was my friend lived in Longmont (along Colorado's front range, north of Boulder) and that he was headed south to New Mexico to do some hiking. Berthoud, where the car was for sale, is only 10 miles north, so he ran up on it while it was headed south. He was some impressed that I tracked the car down in about an hour. You gotta love this group.

As for the bumper, that''s what I did with my 53 when I put it back together. I just left off the bumper guard.
Bill